The mission of the Syndigo product owner is to understand the needs of our users and how those needs fit into the overall vision for each product or feature.
The Product Owner will be responsible for the end-to-end process related to his or her features, including: developing functional and non-functional business requirements, collaborate with engineering to build features according to business needs, train internal and external stakeholders on new product functionality, and function as the product/technical lead during sales cycles. This role will require someone who understands technology and business, a high degree of organization and attention to detail, and the ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
The preference would be for this role to be based in Syndigo's Nashville office, but candidates in Cleveland, Chicago, or Waukesha will also be considered.
- Provide consistency and clarity to software development projects by identifying business needs and constraints, defining scope, and ensuring efficient execution
- Responsible for defining requirements and recommending solutions in the form of epics, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Identify all functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with engineering and business stakeholders to groom and prioritize the backlog of user stories through the release and sprint cycles
- Act as a proxy for the business throughout development, testing, and release activities to ensure the business needs are being met
- Develop business analysis artifacts, such as business rules or process flows to clarify requirements
- Coordinate with other departments in advance of feature and product launches to develop messaging to evangelize new releases, features, or updates
- Conduct product training, both internal and externally, including, but not limited to: training internal trainer(s), collaborating with technical writer to product new product/feature documentation, introduce new functionality to internal employees or key customers
- Participate in sales cycles as the technical/product lead. Prepare and deliver technical presentations/demos explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Collect and document competitive intelligence
- 3+ years’ experience as a product owner, product manager, or business analyst with a technology-focused organization (ie, digital agency, SaaS product firm)
- Track record of leading technical projects through full life cycle from definition to post-launch
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate in business and technical terms
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong ability to translate product concepts and ideas into functional requirements
- Bachelor's degree required
- Understanding of Agile software development, CSPO a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)