Product Portfolio Mgr - Platform & Architecture at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Principal Portfolio Manager is a key position within the Customer and Partner organization responsible for setting the standard for excellence. Specifically, as they relate to how our customer will be successful with establishing a technical foundation in the ServiceNow Platform around technical governance and platform health. Through innovation, creative thinking, and the delivery of leading practice assets and service offerings, you will be a driving factor in the delivery strategy for technical advisory services.
This requires a highly focused and structured individual with vision who can instigate and drive change across various parts of the organization and beyond.
What You Do In This Role
- Partner Closely : With the affected internal teams to identify how best enablement, assets, advisory methods, and digitized innovation could serve them and our end customers, through the delivery of consistent, accurate, valuable, and practical 'packaged' diagnostic and prescriptive solutions.
- Create, deploy, and maintain ServiceNow's leading practice assets and service offerings : In the areas of technical governance and the technical health of the platform. This includes, for example, workshop concepts, workshop materials, use cases, and prescriptive guidance around instance strategy, technical governance, data management, system architecture and technical roadmaps.
- Lead : Organize, Support and Advocate for your Portfolio's Steering Committee
- Facilitate Demand Intake and Prioritization : Identify and quantify services demand from our customers within the realm of Technical Advisory Services to build an effective service offering strategy and portfolio.
- Manage Capacity : Align priorities with capacity to ensure delivery in the areas of greatest impact and a roadmap of deliverables that align with ServiceNow's strategies.
- Continuously Improve : Engage in strategic internal process improvement initiative to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the teams, and the Portfolio management processes.
- Build Network and Relationships : Develop a network of relationships, and collaborate closely, with colleagues across geographies and product lines to ensure consistency across all our products and offerings.
- Collaborate for Impact : Collaborate and liaise extensively with the other organizational functions, such as Sales, Product, Training, and others to ensure a consistent customer journey.
- Surf the Leading Practices cutting edge : Stay abreast of the innovation, changes, and standards published by the best practice organizations. Build relationships within these groups and actively interact, where possible.
- Enable : Delivery teams, services sales teams, and partner managers on new and updated leading practices and service offerings.
- Translate: Technology and products into outcomes and value that help drive successful engagement with our customers.
- Track and Monitor : Ongoing Customer Outcomes engagements within the Advisory area to review the effectiveness of the portfolio of assets and service offerings.
- Consultative Advisory : In strategic customer meetings, provide deep subject matter expertise.
- Provide Feedback & Recommendations : To the Business Unit for continual improvement of product capabilities, features and interoperability in consideration of customer needs and requirements.
What You Bring to this Role:
Now Platform Technical Guru:
- Proficiency with, and understanding of, most features available on the Now Platform.
- Specifically, as they relate to the technical architecture and design on the Now Platform.
- Experience with Service Management architecture implementations
- ServiceNow CSA and/or CIS certifications are desired but not required
Strategic Vision & Digital Transformation Champion:
- Capable of understanding and defining the bigger picture.
- This role requires a continuous translation between technical capabilities, business outcomes and value, and conceptual standardization.
Credible Presence & Trusted Advisor:
- Strong negotiation skills to be able to represent the Customer and Partner perspective with a diverse group of stakeholders within the company while driving to a common business outcome.
- Highly data-driven with a commitment to drive customer engagement towards business outcome and value realization
- Experience in a Professional Services environment engaging with executive stakeholders, architects, and extended program teams.
To be successful in this role you have:
- CSM experience (does not have to be ServiceNow, could be a ServiceNow competitor product) but CSM industry experience is essential.
- Understand the bigger picture. Its fine being technical but you have to understand the business implications of your decisions. E.g. explain the value of what needs to happen to a VP/CIO
- Self starter and disciplined
- Work with diverse group of people to drive to a common business outcome. We have to play the role of mediator / facilitator etc between product, sales, expert services etc
- Experience in a Professional Services environment engaging with executive stakeholders, Architects and extended program teams
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Ability to work in an international, fast-growing environment
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.