Product Specialist, Zoro at Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 300+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,300,000 unique products.
Imagine what you could help us achieve as a Product Specialist!
The Product Specialist assists the Product Managers to implement product line tactics that will provide our customers the most attractive and profitable product offering in the industry. In addition, Product Specialists will execute reporting and analysis tasks to inform the product management team on the performance of product lines and identify opportunities for improvement.
The Product Specialist will assist Product Managers with the following activities:
Analysis and Decision Making
- Effectively pull and evaluate large sets of data, identify trends, proactively solicit feedback from others and recommend a solution while understanding business impact.
- Proven ability to identify problems, recommend solutions & lead solution implementation activities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a must, and experience with SQL or other data reporting systems is preferred.
Product line execution:
- Participate in/execute various projects, as assigned, to support the effective execution of product line expansion. Complete all projects in a timely manner with aggressive attention to detail.
- Assist the Product Managers in working with all cross-functional teams within Zoro that leverage the product line and product information in their activities. Examples of teams that the Specialist will work with include: Merchandising, Supply Chain, Pricing, Marketing, Paid Search, and UX/UI.
- Participate in Supplier meetings and support the Product Managers with meeting preparation and follow up.
- Work directly with suppliers to drive execution of New Product addition process.
- Participate in the creation and execution of contractual agreements between Zoro and its Suppliers.
- Assist in the acquisition and maintenance of comprehensive product information, including product specifications, product images and additional product content (e.g. videos).
- Assist the Product Managers with all other elements of supplier relationships to ensure successful, profitable programs
- Collaborate with Zoro Supply Chain team to assist with execution of initiatives that enhance the company's logistic and fulfillment objectives.
- Work with Grainger Supplier Performance team to assist with any service level issues related to your suppliers
- Work with Grainger and Zoro transaction specialists to resolve all order discrepancies.
- Work with third party logistics firms that provide fulfillment services for products that drop ship directly from the manufacturer to Zoro's customers.
Work Approach and Ethic:
- Team first mentality (Team over personal agenda)
- Passion to solve problems
- Positive / can do attitude
- Consistent drive to take on more responsibility
- Takes personal ownership
- Curiosity learning
To be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Experience working on large product assortments for e-commerce channels and customer requirements with Supply Chain, product information and marketing strategies.
- Proven and demonstrated project management and execution skills with the ability to overcome barriers and solve problems.
- Strong analytical and business skills.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change, demonstrate agility in relation to change.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). Experience with SQL and other data reporting systems is preferred.
- Domestic travel required approximately 10% of the time.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.