Product Specialist at Morningstar
• Act as both product experts and strategists to translate market trends, customer needs, competitive intelligence, and Morningstar intellectual property into innovative deliverables that solve customer and market problems, and evangelize those innovations internally and externally. 10%.
• Champion financial planning capabilities (including product demos) with third-party clients and other Morningstar products and capabilities, working closely with sales, product, and development teams across the organization. 10%.
• Own the tactical roadmap to build and deliver client- and advisor-facing financial planning applications (including client portal and plan monitoring) by integrating and building on existing Morningstar capabilities and developing new ones. 10%.
• Own an investor-facing client portal website with over 20,000 monthly active users and prioritize the client portal feature backlog based on user feedback, market research and cross-product initiatives and share out and maintain a product roadmap. 5%.
• Capture and synthesize business requirements from customers and stakeholders, prioritize the backlog across multiple projects and workstreams, and work within an agile software development framework and scrum team setting. 10%.
• Understand both business and technology requirements, serving as a conduit between stakeholders, sales, service, marketing, go-to-market, design, operations, and technology teams. 5%.
• Break down and analyze complex workflows and systems, identify inefficiencies/areas for improvement, and define solutions to improve the client experience. 10%
• Design, develop, and manage activities for a specific product or service from conceptualization, definition, and planning to implementation, release, and enhancement to eventual sun-setting. 10%
• Track and report out Heap Analytics KPIs to measure product success to internal stakeholders and executive management. 5%
• Lead an agile squad comprising designers, developers, user researchers, and quality assurance engineers to design, test, and deliver the next generation of financial planning applications that deliver value to Morningstar customers. 5%
• Develop high-quality user stories, acceptance criteria, and story estimations for use by designers, developers, and quality assurance analysts. 5%
• Collaborate with the Data Science team and the Behavioral Insights Research and Development Lab to develop product ideas from prototyping and incubation to product integration. 10%
• Conduct user testing to help vet and develop new functionality and emerging user experiences. 5%
· Bachelor’s degree in economics, computer science or related field with course work in financial markets and banking is required.
· A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in product management, business analysis, or software development roles required.
· Experience with agile development and technical acumen required
· Experience building software, cross-functional design, product, and development team with a track record for quality and on-time deliveries
· Experience with financial advisor segment, financial planning and client-facing advice tools, portfolio accounting, and performance reporting is required
· Experience with conducting market research, including user testing, is required
· Experience with new product ideation, content strategy, and design-thinking is required
· Practical experience using or building portfolio/investment planning, portfolio accounting, investment screening or analysis software tools such as Morningstar Office or Morningstar Enterprise Components’ research and investing solutions, including portfolio planner, screeners or comparison tools and Morningstar Advisor Workstation including the Investment Planning Tool solution. Qualifying skill and experience using Morningstar software need not be gained at Morningstar.