Product Team Leader at Paylocity
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work. Best of all this is a work from home opportunity!
The Product Team Leader is a critical role in our Product Development organization. This key leader serves as manager and scrum master - enabling the team to achieve their highest level of performance and team members to fulfill career goals. S/he acts as a servant leader and shelters the team from external distractions, allowing team members to focus on their commitments and reach their full potential. This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build a collaborative culture within the product team. This in-turn will ensure we continue to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- At ease working at all levels of the organization.
- Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly.
- Passionate about quality and controls.
- A superior communicator with a penchant for change management.
- Unflinching in your desire for production stability.
How we work:
- Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories.
- Dedicated IT Operations experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools.
- We don’t add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale.
- Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles.
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress.
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and product teams.
What we offer:
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed.
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent.
- The chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity.
- Annual training allowance plus a subscription to Pluralsight for all technology colleagues.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5 - 7 years in building applications in a SaaS web development environment.
- Experience directly managing Software and QA engineers in a DevOps type environment.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture and developer tools, strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field, preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification or Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), a plus.
- Experience working in a .Net environment preferred.
During the last three months, you would have:
- A proven track record of increasing team’s velocity and providing visibility across the organization.
- Facilitated scrum ceremonies, removed impediments, and enabled the team to be their best.
- Developed and implemented measurable continuous improvement plans.
- Managed dependencies across product teams/business.
- Effectively managed production issues and communicate business impact to stakeholders.
- Developed T-shaped skill sets and leadership capabilities of team members.
- Nourished a collaborative environment with a willingness to share ideas, where open and honest feedback flourishes.
- Facilitated longer-term career plans with each member of the product team, and found opportunities for team members to fulfill those goals.
- Rewarded top-performers and addressed performance issues in a timely and respectful way.