ProFile Product Owner - Remote at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
We are looking for an enthusiastic product owner with experience in Financial Services. The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring the ongoing viability of feature sets and applications related to Donnelley Financial Solution’s composition and EDGAR filing initiatives. This role will collaborate with the Management Team, Client Services, Sales, IT, clients and business partners to analyze business needs, maximize value and create clear user stories that advance the business strategy of the filing platform(s).
Include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership of initiatives driving favorable business outcomes.
- Regular meetings with Management, Service, Sales and support staff to assess market expectations.
- Creation of product strategy documents and implementation plans related to product initiatives.
- Communication with clients regarding business needs, application features and updates.
- Translation of business needs into actionable, high value user stories.
- Creation of documents accurately detailing business process, use cases and value of features to be developed.
- Conducting product demonstrations.
- Knowledge of and adherence to SDLC process.
- Liaising with Release Management team relative to release timelines and communications.
- Working as Product Owner with an Agile Team.
- Prioritization and management of Product Backlog Items.
- Overseeing multiple project timelines and efforts.
- Research and evaluation of new technologies.
- Collaborate across the Product Management and Development team to design A/B experiments to guide product direction with iterative innovation and measurement.
- Conceptualize new ideas, research and evaluate them objectively from a financial and market perspective.
- Manage dynamic implementation schedules and business priorities.
- Synthesize user feedback and enhancement requests into high value work.
- Understand competitive baselines for similar functionality.
- Maintain and prioritize product backlog.
- Create user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Comp/Filing, HTML troubleshooting and/or XBRL Experience Preferred.
- 3 years of experience as a Product Owner, BSA, BA, ScrumMaster, Agile Project Manager, PSPO or CSPO preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and in formal presentations, using critical thinking.
- Uses universal problem-solving techniques such as process mapping, 5-Whys, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft (Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to quality.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable aaccommodation by sending an email to [email protected]