Salesforce Business Analyst at West Monroe
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people can make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. We are a team of enthusiasts always focused on improving our execution and our client’s performance. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe just might be the place for you.
Think you're up to the challenge?
West Monroe is looking for a Salesforce Business Analyst to join our Information & Collaboration Technology (ICT) Team. As an analyst you will wear many hats on projects and be responsible for everything from requirements gathering, Salesforce configuration, testing, training and post deployment support. You will work alongside Salesforce.com Administrators and Engineers to design, develop, and deploy large-scale enterprise solutions all while learning and growing your skill set. You will also collaborate with key stakeholders across the business on writing user stories, participating in backlog grooming, release and sprint planning, and validating whether developed features and capabilities satisfy acceptance criteria and metric goals. This is an exciting role that will present the challenge of helping our business define processes and technologies that will deliver the greatest value to the organization.
- Work with key stakeholders and end users to gather, understand, and define business requirements
- Develop user stories and process flows to support the design and development of Salesforce solutions for our internal partners, and work collaboratively with other team members and ICT groups to ensure the solutions meet the business requirements and fulfill the user stories
- Understand and rationalize broad business needs and work with key stakeholders to manage prioritization process and plan for effective delivery
- Demonstrate strong understanding of Salesforce’s capabilities and limitations and can clearly communicate those to internal partners
- Identify and document process pain points and gaps in best practices
- Perform business process modelling, user experience modeling
- Interpret technical and business strategy roadmaps and apply a detailed technical solution
- Work with the team to build and demonstrate prototypes in Salesforce
- Work proactively to remove technical debt and security vulnerabilities, and strive to stay “out of the box” with core Salesforce capabilities whenever possible
- Communicate status of requests to business stakeholders on a regular and frequent basis
- Participate in established Communities of Practice (CoPs) and Center of Excellence (COE)
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com Sales, Service, and Marketing clouds; Salesforce Lightening; Pardot; and overall Salesforce capabilities
- Salesforce.com Administrator or Salesforce.com Sales/Service Cloud certifications helpful but not required
- Experience with Qualtrics or other surveying platforms helpful but not required
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and build consensus
- Must take initiative & consistently demonstrate the ability to see tasks through to completion with minimal oversight & guidance
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal business and ICT departments
- Must be able to work well and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical resources
- Must ensure that quality standards are identified and met throughout development and delivery process
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate a strong desire to take on new tasks and learn new things
- Ability to analyze, understand, and prioritize business problems
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving, and quantitative experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working with Salesforce.com, preferably in an enterprise with >500 users
- Certified Salesforce Administrator preferred, not required
- Experience working with business and technology resources required
- Experience authoring high quality User Stories or requirements required
- Experience in Agile environment and understanding of Agile methodology concepts, techniques and terminology preferred
Think you've got what it takes? Join our employee-owned firm and make us better!