Salesforce Product Manager
Become NORC’s Salesforce subject matter expert as the organization leverages the customer relationship management tool to enhance the company’s ability to engage with our numerous clients in support of 400 active research projects annually. As a nearly 80-year-old organization rooted in using data to help government, non-profit, and commercial sector clients make more informed decisions to impact meaningful change, own NORC’s deployment of Salesforce to help us uncover the business development opportunities across the enterprise.
As the product manager, take ownership of the Salesforce launch and implementation, guiding NORC’s senior-most leaders and teams to take advantage of the tool’s capabilities to identify, develop and deploy new business processes and enhancements.
Showcase your ability to educate and influence a broad range of stakeholders during a period of change while improving processes and garnering broad adoption. Propel your career forward as a technical project manager, application administrator, and Salesforce analyst, working closely with both the information technology and business development teams to accelerate NORC’s growth in a meaningful way.
DEPARTMENT: OFFICE OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The Office of Business Development (OBD) identifies and disseminates key information regarding prospective clients and business opportunities. In addition, OBD staff support proposal preparation, maintain a proposal database, and coordinate proposal process improvements across all departments.
- Serve as primary system administrator for NORC's Salesforce environment for business development, which is anticipated to have ~300 users once fully deployed.
- Play a leading role on the development team throughout the Salesforce launch, both contributing to this process as well as preparing to assume responsibility for the system post-launch.
- Own administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, regular internal system audits, and upgrade preparation, among other routine tasks.
- Manage Salesforce.com data feeds and other integrations.
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope, and completion of new development requests.
- Work with both business development and innovation team leadership to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities.
- Execute on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of NORC’s Salesforce instance used to support business development.
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce.com skillset across the organization
- Effectively manage relationships between NORC and Salesforce, acting as the liaison between our users, vendors, and the application developers
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- At least three years of experience with Salesforce.com administration with strong understanding of the tool’s best practices and functionality
- Experience with the business development/sales function in an organization
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and prioritize simultaneous requests, manage high volumes of detailed tasks and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with comfort level engaging across all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption, as well as to guide development of information systems that support those processes and users
- Strong data management experience
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or other type of Agile environment
The following experience is not required, but a plus for the role:
- Salesforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified
WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.