Senior Business Intelligence Developer at Basis Technologies (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:04 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, February 22, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Basis Technologies' Product team guides the innovation and development of our innovative software platform, Basis. This team blends focus, collaboration, and creativity to fulfill our mission in creating a transformative tool that goes well beyond streamlining work to make those jobs more fulfilling for those who power the ad tech industry.
The customer experience is paramount to this team's work and incorporates market research, cross-departmental stakeholder collaboration, user testing, communicating feature requests to engineers and designers, monitoring impact of new feature rollouts, measuring returns on product investments, and more. Together, we leverage our diverse industry experience and talent to brainstorm new ideas, iterate on past ones, and deliver the best possible product for our users.
WAYS YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
The Senior BI Developer will be responsible for developing, supporting, and implementing business intelligence solutions. This role will assist in the development and delivery of an enterprise level Microsoft Power BI solution. Will need to assist in the build of new solutions for reporting and analytics, including model development, data visualizations, security, and governance. Work on the migration of existing BI environment will also be required.
Other ways you will contribute to the team are by:
- Helping design and delivering enterprise level Power BI solution
- Participating in projects for data and analytics solutions that scale and adapt to accommodate growth using Power BI
- Creating informative and interactive data visualizations/models using Power BI
- Writing relational, tabular, and/or multidimensional database queries and designing custom-fit analysis and reporting solutions
- Developing data and analytics solutions using Microsoft SQL and Power BI
- Designing and developing test plans and determine acceptance criteria
- Providing detailed documentation of solutions and architecture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams and customers to solve real business problems
- Proven experience developing BI solutions using Power BI as an enterprise solution
- Experience with online PBI service architecture and Power Platform
- Experience with Power BI, including DAX and data modeling, data mart and data warehouse architecture
- Experience in creating multidimensional cubes and tabular models
- Solid understanding of dimensional data modeling concepts as well as data warehouse design
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise business intelligence solutions using Microsoft BI technologies, with a focus on Power BI, SQL Server, Excel, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Requires attention to details and ability to track and communicate development process and progress
- Strong SQL foundation with ability to write views, CTE’s, and understand JOIN relationships
- Previous experience with design and development of BI solutions
- Interest in ETL and working with Big Data technologies (not required, but nice to have)
- 5-7 years of experience developing enterprise level BI solutions
- Advanced knowledge of data management, business intelligence and analytic solution delivery including OLAP concepts, semantic layer, and reporting solutions
- Solid understanding of data warehousing, ETL process, data quality, data governance, and metadata management
- Experience with data visualization, dashboard design, reporting, self-service BI, data KPIs, predictive, prescriptive, and descriptive analytics solutions
- Preference given to individuals with enterprise platform/SaaS experience or digital advertising industry knowledge
OUR TECH STACK
- Power BI
- SSAS\Azure AS
- AWS RDS
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We've been proudly recognized as:
Ad Age, Best Places to Work 2023, 2022, 2013
Built In, Best Workplaces 2023, 2022, 2021
Crain's Best Companies to Work for in Chicago 2022, 2021, 2020, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
Crain's Best Companies to Work for in New York 2022, 2021, 2014
Dallas Morning News, Top Workplaces 2021, 2019, 2015
Denver Post, Top Workplaces 2022, 2021, 2020
Denver Business Journal's Largest Employers 2022, 2021, 2020
Fortune Magazine, Best Workplaces 2022, 2021, 2020, 2015, 2014
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.