About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub continues to expand in restaurant & geographic reach and is looking for a Product Manager for its data insights platform. We are open to having this person in Chicago or New York!!
Grubhub’s data insights platform is a strategic asset which powers and informs decision making across all parts of Grubhub’s organization, i.e. Finance, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Product, etc. You will work directly with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists and business stakeholders (both on site and remote), in addition to third party data companies, to drive the data acquisition, transformation, modeling, and delivery to scale the volume and quality of our data insights platform. The ideal candidate will be an excellent project manager and communicator, passionate about software and data development, comfortable in a fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and motivated to build a world-class data platform.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Guide Grubhub as the leading online food ordering platform by expanding our coverage, introducing new types of data and new data sources, and ensuring the quality of our data throughout our products
- Collaborate with engineering to architect, build and maintain data infrastructure to ingest, extract, normalize and combine a growing number of datasets (our “data pipeline”) to create a comprehensive and actionable data insights
- Collaborate with data science to build and iterate on new and existing machine learning models, services and platforms to drive actionable business decision making
- Collaborate across other product verticals, business stakeholders to understand and evangelize the use of the data insights platform in various use cases
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and scale, without sacrificing quality
- Establish key performance indicator measurement and monitoring across both the data platform and active initiatives, to be able to communicate status, health, and coverage/quality metrics to stakeholders
- Identify and negotiate with third-party vendors to acquire and ingest new data sources to strengthen our data insights platform
- Lead projects through the definitional stages, working to ensure that we’re working to solve the right problem and have clearly articulated problem statements and goals identified. Own accountability for the ultimate execution of the project, working cross-functionally to ensure that the solution that is built delivers against the defined problem and goals
You Should Have
- B.S. or similar in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) is strongly preferred
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in software development in technical leadership, product management or similar roles within an Agile environment
- Experience with architecting large-scale data schemas, building data pipelines, ETL tools, data conversion, and setting up processes to continuously measure the quality of rapidly-changing datasets
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive action
- Experience manipulating large, raw datasets using tools/techniques such as SQL, pivot tables, lookups, etc.; experience with Presto, Redash, Tableau
- Proven track record of taking ownership and of driving outcomes in a fast paced matrix environment; history of successfully delivering large scale projects in high-quality, managing the entire life-cycle
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically; equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating and communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.