Senior Director of Product, Artificial Intelligence at SMS Assist
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:38 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 23, 2020
- Apply AI to the problem of efficiently and accurately defining the end-customer’s property management issue so as to enable fast and effective dispatch of the right affiliate with the necessary situational awareness to deliver the best performance and the lowest possible cost.
- Apply AI to the problem of sourcing and dynamically managing the best vendors to satisfy SMS Assist’s dynamic demand on the basis of trade and task capability, capacity, quality, performance, price, adherence to contractual expectations and more.
- Apply AI to the problem of minimizing human touches and maximizing work order velocity throughout the end-to-end workflow.
- Discover other high-value opportunities to apply AI to the problem of removing friction from the problem of maintaining the places we all live, work and play, thereby bringing peace of mind to our customers and multiplying SMS Assist’s profitability and valuation.
- Developing and executing a data governance strategy and actionable policy across all of SMS Assist’s business lines and functions.
- Guide the engineering team to develop a long-term data architecture and pipeline to enable the product vision of making every work order better than the last. Architecture should ensure that all critical data to our long-term vision and corporate interests is identified, well-defined in a data dictionary and ontology, captured and utilized to drive actionable insight reports and automation algorithms.
- Prioritizing all of the above to ensure the most urgent and valuable work is getting done first
- Building and coaching a small, high-impact, cross-functional data and analytics team to accomplish the above
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Customer Service – Advanced
- Verbal Communication – Advanced
- Written Communication – Advanced
- Teamwork – Expert
- Relationships – Advanced
- Negotiation – Proficient
- Organizational Awareness – Expert
- Learning Agility – Expert
- Analysis – Expert
- Problem Solving – Expert
- Process Orientation – Advanced
- Prioritization – Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Strong systems-thinking skills for considering holistic implications of decisions, cause-and-effect, effective portfolio prioritization and driving an actionable data architecture that supports top-level business objectives
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence in support of mission of implementing transformational technology in a larger organization
- Strong communication skills—able to make the complex simple; can describe technology in terms of business implications and translate business needs into technical requirements
People Management Skills
- Advanced proficiency in all people management processes, including recruitment, performance management and reward
- Advanced proficiency in building, growing and developing a team; including department structure design and resourcing
- Advanced proficiency in coaching and developing individual team members to reach their potential
- Proficient in engaging multiple teams through communication, processes, personal impact and influence
- Minimum of a Masters of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of leadership experience in building and deploying artificial intelligence, data science, speech science and machine learning products with demonstrable business impact
- 15+ years of general technology and/or business experience with a strong track record of delivering quantifiable value to customers
- Experience building and coaching cross-functional teams that are equipped to successfully deliver AI product
- A track record of making sense out of chaos and leading teams to the highest and most productive use of their resources
- Experience working in and leading agile/scrum development teams