Senior Director of Product at Reverb
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides students, teachers, and leaders of music programs across the world with instruments they need.
About the role
The Senior Director of Product's primary responsibilities include: developing the overall product strategy and prioritizing focus areas for your team; ensuring the successful execution of key product initiatives and being accountable for primary product metrics; hiring and continuously developing a team of outstanding product managers and strengthening our PM discipline; and communicating plans and performance to the executive team, key stakeholders, and the company.
- understanding the company’s major initiatives, constraints, and business performance to inform the product direction you create;
- providing direction for product teams and supporting the development of clear, effective product plans;
- guiding the product team to achieve top-level sales and revenue growth targets by driving forward significant improvements to our buyers’ and sellers’ experiences
This position leads all aspects of the work of 5-7 product managers and enables them to make great decisions and deliver high impact work. You will:
- develop performance indicators to guide teams and hold them accountable for those metrics
- prioritize effectively and quickly makes changes as needed
- ensure the most important problems are given the attention they need,
- and partner with Engineering and Design leadership to build effective development processes and agile practices that work for our teams.
As the functional leader and manager for all product managers, this role:
- ensures strong leadership and places strategic problem solvers in key areas
- gives teams context and guidance while encouraging a culture of empowered product teams
- supports and demonstrates great data-based decision making
- encourages strong cross-functional collaboration, and
- enables reports to learn and grow their careers as product leaders.
We're looking for someone with at least 10 years' experience in product-oriented roles (e.g. product manager, engineer, designer, etc.), at least 3 years being directly accountable for developing and executing the strategy for one or more major products, and 2+ years' experience managing a team of highly skilled, productive direct reports. We seek someone who is very strong analytically who is comfortable with SQL and BI tools, able to independently do many analyses and interpret a wide range of data and business inputs to inform decisions.
Given the nature of our business, familiarity with e-commerce, marketplaces, and/or the music industry are significant pluses!
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 12 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.