Senior Manager II, Cloud PaaS Product Owner at Walgreens
As a Sr. Manager, Cloud PaaS product, you will be responsible for enabling PaaS solutions using templates, documentation, and DevOps capabilities to accelerate deployment across the enterprise. You will have an expertise in designing and implementing solutions that run on Microsoft Azure and have experience in development and DevOps processes.
You will work within the Cloud Center of Excellence and mentor and work with both senior and junior developers and architects across business units to bring them up to speed on enabled PaaS services emphasizing modern cloud deployments within a DevOps environment.
This individual must be able to translate complex ideas, technology, and programs into language senior management can relate to and also communication with developers resolving complex design issues.
- Develops well architected PaaS solutions, optimized for cost, operations, performance, reliability and security.
- Develops, influences and drives the cloud strategy along with the introduction of new emerging technologies and public cloud PaaS services, cloud adoption plans, and cloud application design. Works closely with the Cloud CoE Demand Manager regarding the prioritization and delivery of new capabilities.
- Influences target state Cloud Architecture, partnering with other areas, such as Cloud Network Architects, Cloud Data Architects, Cloud Solution Architects, Cloud Security Architects, and Cloud Engineering and Development teams.
- Builds Reusable Templates and Documentation for PaaS Service self-service deployments in the public cloud to accelerate and simplify deployment of policy compliant services.
- Ensures PaaS deployments result in well architected resilient and robust systems. May oversee technology assessments, technology strategy reviews, and provide internal consulting to ensure all areas are practicing sound architecture hygiene.
- Translates complex ideas, technology, and programs into language senior management can relate to and performs as a key influencer on technical decisions that affect the business on a long-term basis.
- Participates in the Development of metrics and scorecards to influence the technology teams on industry best practices for cloud development.
- Directs Architecture and Cloud Engineering teams in defining cloud technology strategy and roadmaps.
- Leads in a fast-paced environment and produces high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Manages the vendor relationship including determining in scope and out of scope work, working through any interpretation of contract terms and monitoring/reviewing SLA adherence. Performs deep dive research on missed SLAs Partners with the vendor to drive continuous improvement resulting in improved service and/or lower cost.
- Ensures delivery against agreed upon SLAs and overall service delivery of operational activities. Reviews and approves any request prioritizations.
- Understands short and long-term goals and objectives and recommend technical solutions and services. Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing technologies.
- May develop budget for functional area. Manages budget to plan and is responsible for meeting/delivering against budgetary goals and objectives.
- Mentors and works with both senior and junior developers and architects to bring them up to speed on cloud PaaS Services and modern cloud architectures.
- Directs through others who mentor, coach and evaluate their responsive teams and develop employees through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, and through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company’s size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience leading complex Software Engineering and Architecture initiatives OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience leading complex Software Engineering and Architecture initiatives.
- Experience with public cloud architecture, Cloud strategy, networking, security, compliance workload types, migration patterns and tools. Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Experience with additional cloud providers or Azure DevOps Engineer certification is advantageous.
- Experience with various enterprise applications and IT services, as well as software development, compliance and security, and IT operations disciplines.
- Knowledge of cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with experience implementing best practices or suggested improvements.
- Experience suggesting competitive and innovative technical decisions, obtaining client buy-in and delivering on commitments
- Experience re-architecting applications for cloud platforms.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience leading a large, highly technical teams in a matrix organization.
- Knowledge of app & data architectures and cloud native patterns for development, etc.
- Knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) philosophy, Chaos Engineering, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation
- Experience leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Experience in large scale internet companies/technologies, where uptime and continuous availability was core to the business
- Experience identifying and partnering to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical debt
- Experience managing operations of large scale internet-centric Data environments for application or data services serving tens to millions of end users
- Experience presenting technical ideas in business-friendly language.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience applying standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
- Knowledge of Networking and cloud technologies, for example Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols