Senior Manager Product Owner - Enterprise DevOps at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
If you are looking for a high tech environment, Discover is IT. Focused on the latest technologies and platforms supporting enterprise wide scale and laser focused on Security & Safety @SPEED. Discover is a fast paced, collaborative and fun environment driving industry leading technology capabilities and practices. Discover’s vision for DevOps is at the core. We are actively looking for a leader of our core DevOps capabilities to lead our CI/CD suite of capabilities, tools, and methodologies for the organization.
Our CI/CD & Pipeline teams are key enabling functions for IT software engineers across the company. This group drives the company strategy and delivers enabling services that support and enable our software engineers to continue to delight our customers across a spectrum of platforms, tools and capabilities, including a range of supported platforms from industry leading Kubernetes, distributed VM & Mainframe.
This leader be highly visible and will work with all levels of the organization to evolve and drive execution of our DevOps strategies. Working with leading engineers/architects to define key capabilities required, working with executive leadership on execution needs, working with the team in an agile environment to enable and empower our top talent to deliver results, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development of the product family roadmap for our Enterprise CD & Pipeline team in partnership with Business Technology Leadership and Product Owner(s), ensuring alignment and dependencies are managed across the product teams.
- Provide vision and Leadership and mentoring, fills in the business and/or technical knowledge gaps, etc.
- Negotiate and influence others across shared services and product teams across product families.
How You’ll Do It
- Develops the DevOps technology vision and roadmap for the company – ensures alignment across all stakeholders
- Partners with members across Business Technology in developing, maintaining, and presenting the vision and overarching product roadmap to support business unit goals.
- Understands technology industry trends to align Discover strategy with the industry
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) for value creation and efficiency for the product family and support POs in translating OKRs to the product teams.
- Establishes product Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to achieve, communicate priorities, decide which actions to take, prioritize features, and help build out long term strategies. Defines product family MVPs, prioritizing and accepting priorities in partnership with POs and architects.
- Defines functional and non-functional product requirements; ensuring completeness, integral and consistent; source of requirements for product family. When applicable, manage product family requirements (i.e., functional and non-functional requirements) and objectives with external vendors
- Ensures product features and processes align with applicable Discover compliance and risk management standards.
- Manages team of direct reports, responsible for people development and performance management, hiring and building team, coaching and mentoring
- Creates prototypes (e.g., MVPs, POC, etc.) based on customer feedback to test, learn, and validate ideas before committing to larger scale development. Synchronizes and aligns with Product Family POs on prioritization and delivery to maximize Product Family Value.
- Builds a culture of accountability and ownership by empowering the product family and setting clear expectations.
- Coaches product teams to eliminate risks and wastes, and to foster a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and learning.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- 8+ years’ experience with Product, Business, Technical, or related
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years’ experience with Product, Business, Technical, or related
Bonus Points If You Have
- 2+ years’ People Management experience
#LI-MF1 #BI-Remote #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.