Senior Platform Product Manager at Walgreens
Accountable for software platform product strategy and prioritization of the work, capabilities, components, and APIs that are used by multiple customer solutions and customer facing products. Also accountable for the platform and quarterly roadmap that has been created and prioritized with various types of stakeholders. While general product management skills are a plus, emphasis is on platform, technology and architecture expertise.
- Accountable for software platform product strategy and prioritization of the work, capabilities, components, and APIs that are used by multiple customer solutions and customer facing products.
- Responsible for establishing the vision, strategy, and execution of the Platform through understanding of the strategic direction and big picture.
- Makes short and long term trade-offs across different products.
- Works with and manages different types of stakeholders, including but not limited to customer solutions product managers, business owners, architects, engineers, and core systems owners.
- Understands and factors in the goals of the customers and customers of their customers
- Accountable for the platform and the multiyear predictable technology roadmap that has been created and prioritized to set expectations with all stakeholders and to build scalable, reliable, maintainable platforms.
- Communicates and evangelizes the specific platform internally at all levels of leadership and externally with customers, partners, and industry professionals.
- Collaborates with product management, solutions management to align on prioritization and timing of product capabilities that enable business solutions serving the specific customer segment(s). Builds strong partnerships with Customer Solutions product managers and solution architects
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of experience in technical product management, engineering, architecture and/or computer science OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in in technical product management, engineering, architecture and/or computer science
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Experience with software engineering, technical architecture and/or computer science
- Experience with prioritization and complex dependency management
- Experience with APIs and Services
- Experience driving clarity and closure
- Experience with Stakeholder Management
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Knowledge of platform technology and architecture
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years’ experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA or other advanced degree or CPM certification