Senior Platform Product Manager at Sprout Social
As a Senior Technical Product Manager at Sprout Social, you will develop a deep understanding of Sprout's product. You'll be responsible for defining and driving the product vision, strategy and plan differentiation that enables the best Social Media Management experiences tailored for our customers. You will be a leader on a team of designers and engineers gathering customer insights and shipping solutions that make our customer's work lives better and help them get better results. You'll also be thinking about how to measure the impact of your work and adjusting your plan based on what you've learned. You'll be sharing your team's plans, work-in-progress, and results with other product teams, marketing, sales, finance, success and any other partners vital to your team's success.
Since our Product Managers are highly collaborative, we're looking for someone with proven experience shipping real work into the world, in collaboration with a team of engineers and designers. You should also have experience executing on product roadmaps and creating plans to meet milestones and goals. This is a great opportunity to take your past experiences with product strategy, project management, and cross-functional collaboration, and blend them into a high-impact role for an award-winning product.
As a product-led company, it's critical that we have the best Product Managers on our team. This position would live within our Global product area. If you're an experienced Product Manager, we'd love to talk with you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 4+ years of Platform Product Management experience.
- Experience building and launching platform products, developer platforms, or microservices.
- Experience driving product, strategy, and technical discussions simultaneously across multiple product teams, directly as well as by leading others
- Experience with all aspects of user identity; including, authorization, authentication, permissions, and organization (roles/groups)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively simplify and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with customer-facing application security. For example, login history, audit logs, custom password complexity, IP whitelisting, single sign on
- Complete Sprout's New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You'll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Director of Product to set initial priorities and align on expectations for your role.
- Start building relationships with engineers and designers in your product team (we call them "squads") as well as across the broader Product Management team.
- Try using the Sprout product yourself-to see it the way a customer does.
- Lead day-to-day product execution for your team delivering value to customers every 2 weeks. You'll identify project goals, write user stories, and organize releases.
- Understand the engineering behind the Sprout product well enough that you can predict some product trade-offs and ask your team productive questions.
- Establish credibility and trust across your team and key internal partners to be able to become an effective coach and advocate.
- Collaborate with other product managers for cross-team problem solving and feature delivery.
- Begin analyzing our qualitative and quantitative research to start forming hypotheses about how our product can better fit our customers' lives.
- Facilitate quarterly roadmap planning for your team and represent the plan to the rest of Sprout's product teams, including executive leadership.
- See a high impact project through from start-to-finish. You'll assume ownership for results of your team's product releases and how you learn from them.
- Identify key opportunities for improvement within your team and the overall Global PM team
- Start developing a deep understanding of data. Begin efficiently accessing and analyzing the data needed using Redshift, SQL, Tableau, and other similar analytics tools
- Start establishing platform product strategy. Including capabilities, components, and APIs that would be used by multiple applications and customer facing features.
- Begin owning your squad's performance against KPIs
- Follow technical trends in the industry. Make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Own the platform and drive the technology roadmap to build scalable, maintainable, and reliable platforms.
- Be ready to take on new challenges to help your team and the broader PM organization -- including things we maybe haven't even anticipated yet!
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team's shared belief in Sprout's mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We're proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment-your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago's Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity-
race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2021 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.