Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description What You’ll Do
· Sr. Product Owner, DNA Engagements is a pivotal role for the Greenhouse Product Family and program as it integrates the business needs of the enterprise with analytical capabilities in DNA to deliver value from Greenhouse initiatives at pace and scale that is a level above BAU
· This role involves working closely with the DNA Greenhouse Product Family Owner and other Sr. Product Owners for:
o Managing senior stakeholders within DNA and Line of Business (LOB)
o Navigating sensitive situations and influencing people without direct authority
o Energizing, driving and coaching a cross-functional Greenhouse team in the Greenhouse way of working while creating an environment of safety, trust, autonomy and problem solving
o Defining the scope, value capture targets and timelines for pipeline initiatives
o Completing business and financial analysis new initiatives within the pipeline
o Managing scope, timelines, deliverable, team energy and stakeholder expectations
o Ensuring output and quality requirements are met
o Drafting detailed work plans, executive communications and progress updates
o Developing best practices, templates, trainings and analysis tools for the Greenhouse program
o Coaching and developing junior level Greenhouse EMs
· A Sr. Product Owner, DNA Engagements ensures an outcome for a product is delivered that meets the requests from stakeholders and customers. This requires a fundamental understanding of the business and its constraints (financial, marketing, compliance, legal, service, the customer environment, the technical capabilities, the user experience, etc.) in order to provide a solution that satisfies all stakeholders and customers
· The Sr. Product Owner, DNA Engagements owns:
o Delivering on the Greenhouse initiative objectives,
o Driving the team toward timeline end-to-end value capture,
o Building trust and excitement from Greenhouse Customers, and
o Meeting the high impact and quality thresholds of Greenhouse performance
o Progressing the Greenhouse imitative Pipeline and programHow You’ll Do It
· Interacts and collaborates with stakeholders on key product considerations and aligns with product vision, features and roadmap. Leverages customer insights, feedback, financials, compliance and risk data to define product features and roadmap in partnership with other SMEs.
· Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objects and Key Results (OKRs) for the product team and ensure alignment with senior leadership (e.g., SPO, Dir, etc.). Creates and/or maintains key product documentation (e.g., customer journey map, technical specs, process mapping, etc.). Identifies and defines key non-functional requirements (e.g., security, availability, performance, etc.) to achieve necessary product metrics. Owns definition of Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and features/user stories for delivery product roadmap; in-line with the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) of the greater product vision outlined by SPO and/or Business Director is the final decision maker for product scope
· Builds product backlog, prioritize its items to achieve Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and continuously keep it up to date. Holds meetings with the product team to continuously update product backlog. Ensures product features and processes align with applicable Discover compliance and risk management standards. Ensures product adheres to the highest quality standards, including releasing security patches not linked to customers.
· Defines functional and non-functional product requirements; ensure completeness; integral and consistent; source of requirements for product team. Creates and validate user story acceptance criteria. Defines and ensures appropriate testing frameworks for product features (e.g., market testing, functional performance, etc.) Works with Data stewards in their respective LOBs to ensure required Data quality controls are identified and implemented. Inspect and evaluate product progress through each iteration.
· Partners with business technology to create technical features that are required to continuously optimize system components and underline infrastructure maintenance.
· Builds a culture of accountability and ownership by empowering the product team to make decisions as close to the work as possible. Manage dependencies with other team's functions while identifying, building, and managing strategic partnership across different product teams.Qualifications You’ll Need
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business
· 8+ years’ experience with Product, Business, Technical, or related
· In lieu of a degree, 10 + years’ experience with Product, Business, Technical, or related
Bonus Points If You Have
· Advanced analytics, data science or digital transformation experience
· Agile way of working experience
· Proficient at MS Power Point, Excel and Miro
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.