Senior Product Management Analyst
NORC at the University of Chicago seeks a Product Management Senior Analyst to join the NORC Labs team. This is a newly created and client-facing role that will have the opportunity to directly impact the growth and development of NORC’s new product/service offerings. In this strategic business role designed to create and build new solutions for existing and emerging industries, you will create value for clients leveraging NORC’s core strengths in data science and analytics. This role offers the opportunity to work in an environment that blends entrepreneurial spirit and start-up mentality with the stability, experience, and backing of NORC; built on 76 years of research success.
The Product Management Senior Analyst will work on discovery and definition of new products and services, planning and execution of marketing strategies and programs, development and measurement of metrics and KPIs, and evaluation of product and service performance. This individual will also will also work closely with sales and marketing to ensure alignment, and will recommend changes to current products or services based on market research and industry trends.
NORC uses advanced statistical methods and emerging analytic techniques to derive insight and extract meaning from data. There will be a particular focus on healthcare analytics, and a strong emphasis on innovation. If you are interested in using data science to solve some of our client’s hardest problems in novel and innovative ways, and if you’re excited by some of our previous projects including building an analytics tool to help healthcare organizations sign up the right mix of physician specialties to serve the specific health care needs of a local community, developing a model to proactively identify students at risk of failing to graduate or meet required literacy standards, or using data to help fight the scourge of human trafficking; this just might be the role for you.
DEPARTMENT: NORC LABS
Launched in 2015, NORC Labs activates and applies innovation across NORC’s diverse offerings, operating as a fast-moving start-up nested within one of the world’s most trusted research institutions. NORC Labs combines the best ideas from NORC’s research and technology experts with a deep understanding of client needs and market trends to develop and incubate the most effective client solutions.
As NORC’s innovation hub, NORC Labs drives the creation and introduction of cutting-edge client solutions, as well as guiding the evolution and enhancement of NORC’s existing services and offerings. As we develop our team’s ideas into new or improved offerings, we’re also constantly monitoring and drawing on advances in data collection, analytics, and technology to deliver the best available solutions to our clients.
- Analyzes product and market data relating to current and potential NORC offerings; reports and makes recommendations on enhancing same.
- Identifies and investigates new product and service opportunities. Prepares product development plans under limited guidance of manager(s).
- Supports strategy for development of new product and service categories by identifying or investigating market opportunity, potential partners, and operational considerations. Provides recommendations that enable commercialization of new product categories.
- Develops key metrics for products and services performance and creates processes to track, analyze, and act upon post launch.
- Supports business development activities for proposal, pricing, and contracting support for product and service delivery initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, or analytical related field is required.
- At least 3 years' experience in relevant field such as marketing and/or product development.
- Knowledge required: Knowledge of the process for identifying customer needs and defining products and services to fulfill those needs. Knowledge of tools and techniques for collecting, collating and analyzing information about existing or potential markets and market needs.
- Skills required: Well developed problem solving skills, data analysis, time management, personal organization, attention to detail, discretion, and composure skills. Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate business offerings and proposed solutions in client settings will be very important. Ability to work in a hands-on and collaborative manner.
- Abilities required: Ability to manage multiple projects with agility and work effectively with multiple departments, stakeholders and internal/external clients. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimal supervision.
- Experience with data and analytics within the healthcare space will be valuable, but is not specifically required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including word processors, spreadsheets and graphics (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, NORC has conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with NORC to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.
NORC conducts research in five main areas: Economics, Markets, and the Workforce; Education, Training, and Learning; Global Development; Health and Well-Being; and Society, Media, and Public Affairs.
We provide comprehensive and integrated services that span the research cycle, and offer solutions that anticipate and address critical needs in research and data science. We approach all work with deep technical expertise, a spirit of collaboration, and a commitment to scientific integrity.
A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE:
As one of the oldest not-for-profit, academic research organizations in the United States, and through its affiliation with the University of Chicago, NORC maintains the highest standard of professional excellence and scientific rigor, and is committed to broad dissemination of its findings.
A PASSION FOR INNOVATION:
NORC’s subject matter experts and survey professionals develop and employ innovative study designs, research methods, and technical applications to derive meaningful and accurate results.
A COMMITMENT TO COLLEGIALITY:
NORC cultivates an interdisciplinary culture of achievement in which senior investigators from diverse fields and professional backgrounds collaborate with the next generation of researchers in an open, collegial environment.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.