Senior Product Manager, Advertising at Reverb
Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.Job Description
About the Team
The Advertising (or Seller Ads) team collaborates across many functional groups to craft and build ad solutions and related tools that help sellers grow and manage their business on Reverb. Building from our current listing promotion product, "Reverb Bump", the Advertising team will be ideating, building and testing new ad formats across the Reverb ecosystem to help our sellers reach more buyers. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join us to help drive strategy and execution.
- Intimately understand a wide array of ad strategies, focusing on first party ads that will be relevant and accretive to Reverb's marketplace of buyers and sellers.
- Build an outcome-focused roadmap, weighing competing needs and changing requirements to prioritize and maintain a backlog of impactful themes of work.
- Work with team members across the buyer and seller experience to identify ad-related opportunities and ensure a seamless, end-to-end integration of ads within the Reverb ecosystem.
- Work to ensure project prioritization builds progress on larger, key initiatives while also delivering quarterly incremental revenue goals.
- Use analytics and testing strategies to help scope, prioritize, and measure, and communicate the impact of projects.
- Be responsible for the performance, measurement, and communication of business impact and outcomes driven by Seller Ads team work.
- Build positive relationships with Engineering, Design, Marketing and Account Management teams to drive the Seller Ads vision forward.
- 3+ years of relevant work as a Product Manager, with experience in online advertising products and services.
- Familiarity with consumer facing, e-commerce advertising, measurement, and monetization strategies.
- Ability to use data and analysis for product planning and understanding impact.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making.
- A bias for action when managing competing priorities in a way that keeps the team focused, while demonstrating progress to internal partners.
- Experience participating in technical discussions and running meetings with technical and business leaders.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills.
About Our Compensation and Benefits
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A generous PTO policy
- Sabbatical program for every 5 years of service
- Back-up Child Care Service credits
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. If you have a passion for data, for leadership, and for music, please do not hesitate to apply!
This is a full-time position located (eventually) in Chicago, reporting to the Senior Director of Product.