Senior Product Manager, Cloud Core Experience at Morningstar
About the Role
Morningstar is looking for a product leader to manage our Cloud platform’s common utilities, navigation patterns, and shared UI component library. This user experience-focused role is responsible for building the core experience for the Cloud platform – the system that two of our flagship products, Direct and Office, are built on. You’ll be responsible for foundational capabilities like navigation, homepage, search, file management, and system of reusable UI components shared across the other functional areas.
This Senior Product Manager will act as an information architect to ensure reusability and configuration while we create great user experiences. The ideal candidate will also take a systems-mindset to build consistent and efficient UI components that other product teams can leverage. Emphasis will be on the complete systems life-cycle, from establishing an enduring practice and vision to design, build, document, and maintain a library used by other Cloud product teams.
Product managers design, develop, and manage activities for a specific product/component/service from conceptualization, definition, and planning through implementation, release, enhancement and eventual sun-setting - the product lifecycle. Product managers act as both product experts and strategists to translate market trends, customer needs, competitive intelligence, and Morningstar intellectual property into innovative deliverables that solve customer problems, and advocate for those innovations internally and externally.
• Own the product development strategy, roadmap, prioritization, value proposition, and development lifecycle for Cloud’s core experience and component library.
• Work with business, software, technology, and design leaders from across the organization, as partners, to develop a product vision that supports and advances their goals.
• Develop business requirements refined and validated with customers, prioritize conflicting work, and work within an Agile software development framework.
• Play the role of product owner for a multi-discipline Agile software team comprised of developers, design, and QA to deliver releases on time and with quality.
• Ensure the Cloud platform utilizes the Morningstar Design System standards.
• Oversee the success and reporting of internal product integrations for your services.
• Articulate and evangelize the strength, quality, and value of the platform, combining facets of information architecture, commercial needs, user testing, and technical considerations to make timely decisions.
• Meet with clients and act as the voice of the client user experience.
• A bachelor's degree is required.
• At least five years of relevant work experience. Prior product management experience, knowledge and experience with agile development, and strong technical acumen are all desired.
• Strong UX mindset and demonstrated success applying Design Thinking principles to product development.
• Experience building software frameworks, platforms, or systems.
• Demonstrated domain knowledge in financial/investment data, analytics, and workplace communication.
• Requires little direction and oversight.
• Excellent oral and written communication, technical, planning, and analytical skills.
• Willingness to collaborate with offshore development teams during off-hours.
• Ability to motivate and grow a collaborative, cross-functional team with a track record for quality, on-time deliveries.