Senior Product Manager - Credit Products at Morningstar
DBRS Morningstar is looking for a Senior Product Manager to champion the Ratings Engine platform. Ratings Engine is critical to operationalizing tools, models, and workflows in the context of ratings creation, and delivering it to users globally across asset classes (for example: CMBS, RMBS and Middle Market Corporates) This role reports to the Head of Credit Products and is based in our Chicago office.
• Own the product development strategy, roadmap, prioritization, and product development lifecycle for the Ratings Engine and associated capabilities.
• Develop business requirements refined and validated with internal and external users, prioritize conflicting work, and work within an Agile software development framework.
• Act as both a subject matter expert and strategist within the team, to translate DBRS Morningstar’s intellectual property into innovative deliverables that solve users’ problems both internally as well as externally.
• Partner with Product Owners, Architects, Technologists, Designers, Credit Quants, Data SMEs, Credit Analysts, Compliance & Legal, and other stakeholders across the organization to execute on the product vision that supports the Credit group’s goals.
• Collaborate as a unified cross-functional team inspired by a common vision for the platform, and evangelize this vision across internal teams to create excitement about the shared success within the broader organization.
• Work with cross-functional leaders to determine technology, design, and project management resource requirements to execute product strategy and deliver on commitments.
• Use data for development and testing of hypotheses, managing using OKRs and measurements of product success (ex: uptime, usage and adoption, quality, time to market, etc.)
• Own your decisions and outcomes.
• A minimum of ten years of relevant and progressive experience in credit rating/research or Fintech space.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Proven track record of creating, maintaining and executing on a two to three year roadmap.
• Knowledge and experience with Agile software development. Good technical acumen.
• Awareness of quantitative models and tools in general, or in the context of credit rating workflows is preferred.
• Ability to think strategically when it comes to understanding and synthesizing user problems and creating innovative solutions.
• Good problem solving, organization, influencing, and communication skills.
• Strong conceptual thinking, as well as a solid understanding of designing intuitive functionality, interactions, architectures, and usability principles.
• Experience performing user research, user mapping, and presenting results.
• Willingness to collaborate with global teams during off-hours.
• Working knowledge of Lean methods and tools is a plus.
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar’s approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.