The ACE team is making financial planning a core experience for advisors and end investors, delivering rigorous, yet user-friendly investor profiling tools alongside Morningstar's leading investment planning and portfolio analytics to seamlessly connect every client's needs, goals, and risk profile to the best investment solutions for them.
Following the launch of the new Morningstar Risk Ecosystem https://newsroom.morningstar.com/newsroom/news-archive/press-release-details/2021/Morningstar-Risk-Ecosystem-Launches-Across-7-Million-Portfolios-to-Help-Advisors-Put-Investors-Best-Interests-at-the-Core-of-Investment-Advice/default.aspx as well as the ongoing integration of our 2020 PlanPlus Global/FinaMetrica acquisition https://newsroom.morningstar.com/newsroom/news-archive/press-release-details/2020/Morningstar-to-Acquire-Software-Provider-PlanPlus-Global/default.aspx, we are looking for an inspired, detail-oriented self-starter who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, agile team setting, to own and advance our acquired risk-profiling capabilities in the UK as well as adjacent market geographies (i.e. Germany, Ireland).
The Morningstar Risk Profiler compiles and assesses an individual's holistic risk profile, starting with Morningstar's risk tolerance test (formerly the FinaMetrica Toolkit/Profiler), which has been psychometrically validated over 20 years and 2 million test completions. The Profiler then integrates other client factors, like prior investment experience, financial knowledge, composure in market downturns, and goals (time horizon, required return, liquidity), in addition to the client's capacity for loss.
The Senior Product Manager will assume Morningstar Risk Profiler responsibilities in the UK, including ownership/stewardship of roadmaps and development prioritization, regular product maintenance and updates, current and prospective client engagements, feedback assessment, competitive analysis, internal socialization and promotion of profiling capabilities, business reviews and OKRs. This role will involve story writing, backlog grooming, scrum ceremony engagement, issue triaging, and close collaboration with other UK and global product and development teams, as well as UK commercial/business owners, sales, and marketing teams. The Senior Product Manager will also conduct training/guidance and help develop Profiler troubleshooting, user guides, and Q&As for second/third level support teams.
While we are seeking this Senior Product Manager to support the UK, as well as adjacent market geographies (i.e. Germany, Ireland), we are seeking candidates that are in either North America, or within the UK, where our Product and development teams are located. We will consider candidates working remotely in the United States or Canada where Morningstar is registered to conduct business.
- Own the product development strategy, roadmap, prioritization, value proposition, and product development life cycle for Morningstar Risk Profiler in the UK.
- Intimately understand UK adviser and client community needs, and promote voice of the customer in product design and development priorities.
- Work with software product and solutions leaders from across the organization, as partners, to develop a product vision that supports and advances UK business goals.
- Contemplate data storage, based on data residency needs given the UK's 2018 implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Develop business requirements refined and validated with customers, prioritize conflicting work, and operate within an agile software development framework.
- Work with cross-functional leaders to determine technology, design, and project management resource requirements to execute product strategy and delivery on commitments.
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, computer science or related field is required; a graduate degree and/or CFP designation is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant and progressive experience in product management, preferably in the financial services sector.
- Knowledge and experience with agile development and good technical acumen are required.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a collaborative, cross-functional team with a track record for quality, on-time deliveries.
- Experience working with external third-party applications and vendors.
- Willingness to juggle multiple responsibilities and stakeholders and roll up sleeves to get things done.
- Collaboration with internal product, design and development teams and stakeholders, sometimes at off-hours to accommodate global teams.
- Strong customer-service focus, with an ear for the voice of the customer and a passion to creatively meet client needs.
- Interest in and focus on building innovative software that users love.
- Excellent business judgment; analytical, planning, and decision-making skills; and exemplary communication and presentation abilities overall.
- Ability to work well across distributed teams and influence the work of others.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity