The Group: The Morningstar Fixed Income team provides expertise in bonds and derivatives - the data, the analytics, the use cases for target clients. It defines the fixed income capability roadmap, works with Data Operations and Data Technology organizations in sourcing and integrating value-added data, and coordinates across Product squads to build new and enhance fixed income functionality. Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets and portfolios. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company. We transform data into insights that investors can use to reach their financial goals.
The Role: The Fixed Income Data and Analytics team is seeking a Sr. Product Manager to drive a variety of initiatives related to fixed income analytics. This role is an ideal position for an experienced fixed income professional looking to be a driver of innovation in Fixed Income Data; you will be counted on to use independent initiative to add significant value to strategic projects. In this role, you will contribute to the next generation of multi-asset and fixed income portfolio analytics. You will communicate the nuances of bonds and portfolio analysis, and interact with internal stakeholders in Research, Solutions, and Products as well as external institutional clients. You will maintain relationships with strategic clients in order to build and communicate the product and product roadmap.
The Senior Product Manager will play a key role in the support and training of our global Fixed Income Data team, Sales and Customer Success teams. This position is based in Chicago.
• Oversee multiple projects concurrently. Proactively drive new business initiatives through research, documentation, implementation, and communication of new data and methodologies.
• Research new data opportunities as well as ensure that data points are being leveraged globally and consistently across Morningstar’s product landscape.
• Prioritize Fixed Income Product Initiatives (new product development) based on analysis of the Opportunity and Competitive Landscape.
• Responsible for guiding products from initial development all the way through a go to market launch.
• Serve as the subject matter expert in fixed income data internally and externally with clients, including in-depth knowledge of reporting practices and fixed income analytics.
• Provide a vital junction between Research, Data, Solutions, Sales, Customer Success & Product teams to ensure successful implementation of complex projects.
• Engage with industry bodies and clients to proactively research and recommend content related enhancements and improvements.
• Work with local Data Consultants and relevant regional teams to balance global standards with regional needs.
• Foster a team dynamic that is motivated to improve the customer experience.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10 years of experience in fixed income analytics, in either an investment, software or product development, or sales specialist capacity
• Experience working across stakeholder groups such as Research, Technology, Strategic Clients and Sales, Customer Support, and Product.
• Experience working directly with asset managers or third-party data vendors.
• Experience utilizing LEAN, Six Sigma, or Agile tools in a project management or data operations setting.
• Detail-oriented self-starter with proven ability to handle multiple projects in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
• Experience working with large data sets (SQL skills an asset); investment portfolio-related experience is highly valued.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Creative thinker with an analytical approach to problem solving, an inquisitive and critical mind, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to look at situations from several points of view: internally, externally, and cross-functionally.
• Ability to make timely decisions under tight deadlines with incomplete information.
• CFA candidates preferred.
• Ability to work with offshore development teams during off-hours.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity