Senior Product Manager, Indexes at Morningstar
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients.
Morningstar Indexes provides indexing solutions to measure and benchmark markets and asset classes around the world and offers a broad suite of global equity, bond, commodity, and asset allocation indexes. Morningstar Indexes are designed to help investors at every stage of the investment process - market monitoring, benchmarking, asset allocation, and portfolio construction. Global asset managers use the Morningstar strategic beta indexes, which are based on proprietary research, to create investment solutions to meet investor goals. In addition, global asset managers use Morningstar's beta indexes, which represent different segments of the financial markets, to both benchmark and create investment products.
The Role: The Index team seeks an enthusiastic, results-driven, experienced Senior Product Manager to lead the index data business, which asset managers, asset owners and advisors use to benchmark investment performance for analytical, reporting or compliance purposes. Reporting to the director of product management, this person will work with internal partners across sales, marketing and research to drive use of our beta index range. The Senior Product Manager will ensure product capabilities are aligned with the global market opportunity and enable global sales and marketing. This role is also leads Morningstar’s Open Index Project, an award-winning initiative designed to improve investor outcomes through lowering the cost of equity benchmarks.
- Drive the commercial success of the index data business by partnering with sales, marketing and research
- Define and execute the product strategy and roadmap by assessing market demand, our capabilities and competitor positioning
- Develop and execute the go to market strategy for benchmarking, including the marketing strategy and sales enablement and training
- Oversee pricing and contracting for index data, bringing together legal, sales and clients globally
- Serve as a subject matter expert throughout the sales process; and escalation point for client issues.
- Lead the next evolution of Morningstar’s Open Index Project to increase Morningstar’s index brand awareness, industry adoption and engagement by Open Index participants
- Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree and have excellent academic credentials. MBA or CFA desired.
- 10 years of relevant experience including 5 years experience in product management in financial services, preferably working in Indexes
- Proven track-record growing revenue through client acquisition and new product launches
- Effectively communicate and influence to build strong internal and external partnerships
- Strong client-focus and service mindset
- Able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work global environment, exhibit a passion for innovation, and harbor a genuine belief in Morningstar's core values.
- For internal candidates, knowledge of Morningstar Data and Direct desired.
- Some travel required
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application materials.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.