Senior Product Manager, Individual Investor Products
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our users and help them accomplish important investing jobs.
The Role: The Individual Investor team is looking for an execution-focused Senior Product Manager to join us. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with tools and services investors use to select, manage and monitor their investment portfolios. We are seeking an assertive, detail-oriented leader who is able to work directly and effectively in a highly collaborative, Agile software development setting.
Morningstar.com provides a web-based product including content, research, data and tools for “engaged investors.” These investors actively monitor their investment portfolios, and they research markets and new investments. Additionally, they seek the empowerment and investment independence that Morningstar provides for them, and they find investing enjoyable.
This Senior Product Manager will have the skills and experience to manage product owners, while also functioning as a product owner, to support projects for Individual Investor's digital experience. In this role, you will work directly with our development and business teams to manage and delegate the discovery, analysis, and documentation of requirements for development projects, and sprint-to-sprint prioritization of work. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Passion for investing and helping individuals reach their desired investing goals.
• Understand, adopt and drive Morningstar’s Agile Scrum framework.
• Gain a deep understanding of Morningstar.com’s core customers and generate ideas that provide value to individual investors, including content, research, data and tools.
• Contribute to product strategy, incorporating business objectives and delivering value to retail investors.
• Communicate long-term vision and short-term commitments to key internal stakeholders.
• Research, write, create artifacts to communicate product strategies and roadmaps for use by squads, management, and key internal stakeholders.
• Develop business cases to create, evaluate and communicate product strategies.
• Collaborate with engineers, designers and user research.
• Define and communicate product level KPIs and goals.
• Foster a culture of teamwork, collaboration and constructive debate.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree or equivalent preferred.
• At least four to five years of product management experience required. Knowledge and experience with Agile software development and technical acumen are key.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for investments, including stocks, funds and ETFs.
• Ability to communicate and commit to timelines for product delivery.
• Management or team leadership experience in an Agile environment
• Interest in and focus on building innovative software that users love.
• Strong problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment while delivering high-quality work.
• Ability to lead team decision-making processes and foster an environment of teamwork.
• Excellent oral and written communication, technical, planning, and analytical skills.
• Self-directed and detail-oriented.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.