Senior Product Manager, Institutional Consulting
The Role: Morningstar is looking for a talented Senior Product Manager, Institutional Consulting , to provide leadership and domain expertise for Morningstar’s products in the institutional investing and consulting space. Morningstar primarily serves this user via our Morningstar Direct software platform and this role will help us shape how we acquire, organize, present and utilize the investment data and research that institutional consultants need to perform their day to day tasks.
You will have a solid understanding of the data, tools and output that investment consultants need to conduct manager research, selection and reporting. You'll serve as the subject matter expert around the daily needs and requirements of investment consultants and will work directly with our data and software teams to address these needs.
* Serve as the subject matter expert on the needs, processes and workflows of institutional consultants and lead the evolution of Morningstar's data and software offering to better serve this audience.
* Define audience-specific workflows for manager research, selection, and reporting for institutional consultants within our products
* Partner with software, data and solutions leaders across the organization to develop a product vision and execution plan that aligns with the goals for this segment and our broader organization
* Work directly with prospects and clients to create awareness and drive adoption of Morningstar software within the target segment and to advance specific client opportunities
* Collaborate with sales, client success teams and partners to gather client input into the products and educate internal teams on the specific needs of the market.
* Provide market requirements regarding data, analytics, and workflow needs in partnership with our data and software development teams for inclusion in product development
*Experience as an investment consultant.
*Experience with an institutional database like PSN or eVestment
* Experience with creating performance reports for institutional clients
* Experience preparing or presenting asset manager selection material for institutional clients
* Experience with an OCIO model.
* Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and analytical skills.
* Familiarity with agile software development
* A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, computer science or related field is required; a graduate degree is preferred.
* A minimum of five to ten years of relevant and progressive experience in investment consulting or related data or software firms that work directly with this audience