Who we are:
SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology.
If you want to make the world a better place, it turns out that parking spaces are a fantastic place to start. Why did you miss that critical appointment? Parking. Why were you stressed and sweating on that first date? Parking.
If there were a way to make people impervious to parking problems, that would solve more than just a question about where to leave one’s car. That would help people be fully present in their lives. That would make a difference! That’s what SpotHero does. SpotHero isn’t just in the parking space business, we’re also in the business of creating space for life.
So if you’re looking for a job where there’s space for you--the whole you--and where you get to use all your skills to build something new, exciting, fast-growing, and truly world-changing, then great, come to SpotHero!
What is a Sr Product Manager of Money at SpotHero?
SpotHero is seeking an experienced accounting and payments product manager to build out the future of our company’s financial infrastructure. This role will help Finance, Accounting and Strategy teams at SpotHero to scale by building the financial systems that power SpotHero’s product evolution for our drivers and operators. As the Senior Product Manager of Money, you will get the chance to strengthen the foundation that supports our growing reservations, helping SpotHero to reach our greatest possible heights.
What you will get to do:
- Gain a deep understanding of our Financial, Transactional and Strategic needs by spending time and observing patterns. You will work side by side with internal users to get an appreciation of what they do and what they need.
- Define the product strategy and vision for finance and strategy products, including critical support for how SpotHero completes financial planning, measures business performance and supports our drivers’ transactions.
- Create reporting for and power distribution of payments to SpotHero’s operator partners on the business-to-business side of our marketplace.
- Help design scalable and flexible systems to future proof our internal finance infrastructure.
- Own problems, not just technology. You will be empowered to own the full problem space and take the actions necessary to solve problems.
- Collaborate with multiple product teams in the organization to support innovations for both sides of our marketplace.
- Manage technical build decisions against business requirements and opportunities.
Who you are:
- You are a clear communicator and keep effective documentation. You can speak to a feature’s impact as well as project delivery; whether with a colleague or presenting to leadership.
- You take the long view - you can regularly deliver results while building towards a stronger and more resilient future platform. You can think strategically while executing methodically.
- You care about quality. You ensure that the product teams who rely on your squad’s products have confidence in the reliability of those solutions.
- You are empathetic - you understand and care how your decisions impact the effectiveness of others.
- You find satisfaction in helping support internal users who directly rely upon your team’s solutions.
- You are results oriented - you set benchmarks, measure progress and communicate results.
- You are able to quickly earn trust and practice strong team oriented thinking.
- You Influence without Authority - You are able to gain buy-in and cooperation from a wide range of stakeholders
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience working in product management, including working on or directly with payment and order systems.
- A strong understanding of the finance and accounting space.
- You’ve previously launched and iterated on a product or service while in a high growth or scaling environment.
- Experience working on technical products balancing Engineering input with business priorities.
- Ability to translate research and metrics into hypotheses that help inform what needs to be built in order to solve future customer and company needs.
- Strong interest in the financial and payment needs for growing companies.
- A true team player - you speak and lead with humility putting the needs of the team first.
Seeking candidates in the below location:
- Chicago, IL, US
- New York City, NY, US
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Even if you don't check all of the boxes, please still apply! We'd love to meet you + hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a leading e-commerce company with the opportunity to grow into any of several roles within the company.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Excellent benefits – We cover 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, and generous parental leave.
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US or Canada and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.