Senior Product Manager, Morningstar Research Experience at Morningstar
The Role: The Research Products group is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Product Manager to define and drive the future development of the Morningstar Research Experience - the new software environment that delivers Morningstar's research content and insights to users of Morningstar products through thoughtfully connected workflows. Research Experience delivers Morningstar's research content to Morningstar-branded products including Morningstar.com, Morningstar Analyst Research Center, Morningstar Investing Newsletters, and Morningstar Direct. In this role, you will ideate, draft, and shape new features and closely collaborate with development engineers, design, and project management.
The ability of Morningstar's research to empower investors should be clear to you, and how investors interact with that research should be exciting for you. You get modern FinTech platforms, are familiar with investing websites, and you know how to use Morningstar's ratings and research.
You should combine technical fluency, a very strong sense of user experience, and business perspective. You can understand an investor's research workflow and translate that into product requirements for development teams. You are able to break down complex concepts into bite-sized pieces, relate to different points of view, and explain your thoughts effectively to diverse stakeholders in a way that commands credibility.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop and own strategic product and feature roadmaps
- Build features for delivering Morningstar research content to users by understanding Morningstar's research and being familiar with FinTech trends and new user interface technologies
- Define detailed use cases intended for engineering and design, and represent product and business requirements during design and development reviews
- Work with program management to communicate project status, resolve issues, and ensure that high quality products are delivered on time
- Collaborate with teams in central technology, data, and research to actively manage dependencies
- Measure and report on development timelines and develop action plans to remedy obstacles
- Be the internal evangelist for Morningstar Research Experience, building consensus with colleagues and stakeholders
- At least 5-7 years of experience working in a product management or similar role in the investing or Fintech space
- A passion for investing and building software to empower investor success
- A strong technical background and an ability to dive into technical details
- An ability to connect details to the big picture and to the product strategy
- Understanding of technical platforms and experience with the Agile development process
- Skill at developing and exercising cross-functional influence, translating between business owners and technical teams
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple audiences and stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels
- A capacity to work well under pressure, with experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects
- A bachelor's degree is required
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity