Senior Product Manager, Payment at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We believe the financial industry is fundamentally broken. Core banking infrastructure was built in the 1970s and wasn't crafted for the needs of consumers today. It doesn’t have to be this way, and it’s our mission to fix this problem! Using technology to re-imagine the financial infrastructure, Affirm is improving lives with honest, transparent, and easy-to-use financial products.
As the Senior Technical Product Manager for Payments, you will build and improve Affirm payment systems that facilitate money movement and exchange of value while also fueling growth for our business. You will bring payments industry expertise to the team, define specifications, participate in weekly team syncs, manage roadmaps, ensure safe and efficient payment processing, and prioritize development capacity. You will ensure strategic direction and effective detailed plans are in place from architecture to operations to go-to-market. You are able to concisely communicate complex concepts, operate in a regulatory environment, and are passionate about beautiful product UX and API design.
The scope of this role includes integrations with payment providers, designing new payment methods, monitoring the data from our payment systems, and collaborating with our Trust & Safety and Capital teams.What You'll Do
- Be the technical product owner driving our strategic product and vision for payments
- Develop features and capabilities to facilitate payments
- Oversee the development and management of real-time systems to record revenue and costs
- Design and build payment services that create a delightful user experience
- Drive product roadmap and own prioritization process
- Define the success metrics and OKRs by partnering with cross functional leaders
- Leverage data-driven experimentation and measurement frameworks to track product success or lack of thereof
- Understand financial and operational inefficiencies and optimize processes
- Work closely with all product teams, business, ops, and executive stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery
- 5+ years of product management experience in the tech industry
- 3+ years of experience with payments in e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries
- Experience defining strategic vision and tactical execution to build large scale payments platforms
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with a diverse stakeholder audience
- Comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Bonus points: Experience with payment processors (Stripe, Adyen, Worldpay, etc.), Plaid
We are based in San Francisco; founded by Max Levchin (founding CTO of PayPal), Jeff Kaditz (CDO DeNA/ngmoco), and Nathan Gettings (founding CTO of Palantir). We’re building a team of exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.