Senior Product Manager, RIA Software at Morningstar
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Client Solutions group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Role: Morningstar is looking for a Senior Product Manager for Independent Advisor Software to lead the commercial activities for our independent advisor product suite. This role will define, lead and execute the go-to-market strategy for our advisor products including Morningstar Office, the Morningstar Model Marketplace, third party integrations and our rebalancing capabilities. The Senior Product Manager will work closely with our clients and the independent advisor community to incorporate the voice of the advisor into our product offerings and will partner with sales and support to create a world-class experience for our advisor clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with independent advisors and the tools they use to manage their practice. Familiarity with portfolio accounting, data aggregation, portfolio rebalancing, and investment planning are critical. The candidate should also have a strong grasp of the current industry landscape and the ability to forge meaningful partnerships with third-parties. This role is based in our Chicago office.
- Lead the commercial activities including budgeting, sales-enablement, and go-to-market planning for our suite of independent advisor software products.
- Provide market feedback, competitor analysis and product requirements to the development organization and communicate and deliver on a published commercial roadmap both internally and externally.
- Lead our third-party integration strategy and implementation by identifying and prioritizing the most impactful partner and channel opportunities within the segment.
- Create API interfaces accessible to external third parties by packaging data points to facilitate common workflows and use cases for mutual advisors and institutions.
- Work directly with product marketing, sales and service to define and communicate our value proposition to the market.
- Drive adoption of our newest product enhancements including Morningstar Office Cloud and the Morningstar Model Marketplace.
- Work closely with US and Offshore QA and development squads when coordinating the end to end roll out and ongoing operational deliverables around new features, enhancements and bugs.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Champion the success of smooth ongoing operations that are often required when supporting existing and new products. This can include working with centralized supporting functions like IT, Infosec, legal and compliance.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, computer science or related field is required; a graduate degree is preferred. CFP is a plus.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant and progressive experience in product management, portfolio accounting services, advisor technology and/or, financial advice.
- Knowledge of Morningstar products and the markets they serve is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines across multiple teams and locations.
- Experience with running scrum and working in an Agile software development environment.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.