Senior Product Manager, Trust & Safety at Affirm (Remote)
At Affirm, we're reinventing consumer finance for the better. That goal infuses every part of what we do, from the moment a user sees Affirm for the first time all the way through to their final payment. As Affirm grows, we are diversifying our financial product portfolio and providing more ways for customers to interact with Affirm.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager of Trust & Safety who will lead a dedicated cross-functional team. You'll solve complex challenges that impact many audiences and touch every corner of our business from new user onboarding to the products and services being created that our users can't find anywhere else. You'll lead one of the areas that make up Trust & Safety: Identity, Authentication, Fraud or Membership. The Trust & Safety team is in hyper growth in terms of its size and impact, which is why this is a unique opportunity to set and execute on a product strategy that will shape the future of Affirm.
What You'll Do
- Set the product strategy and roadmap for either Identity, Authentication, Membership or Fraud
- Develop and execute a customer-focused product roadmap through close collaboration with senior leadership, Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design, and Engineering all while balancing business needs
- Translate customer and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of our users
- Guide and interface closely with data analysis and engineering teams to define scope, review and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities.
- Build long-term instrumentation, monitoring, and evaluation capabilities for product performance, tracking, and to create product insights.
- Partner with Fraud Risk, Machine Learning, Customer Operations, Finance and Business Leaders to manage the impact on the profitability and growth of the overall business
- Build configurable systems and platforms that allow us to identify users seamlessly with minimal friction, and at the same time, increase account security
- Innovate on our tooling systems to fight fraud and unlock new loan volume
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Ability to translate complex, technical and business requirements from strong customer empathy and understanding of the overall product roadmap and strategy
- You are data driven with a drive to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- A get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or investigating the root cause of a customer support ticket
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- An obsession for getting the details right, but also knowing how to ship on time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with identity products is a plus
At Affirm we are using technology to re-imagine the financial infrastructure needed to improve lives with transparent financial products.
We believe the financial industry is fundamentally broken. Not only is the core infrastructure built with technology from the 1970s, but there are a dwindling number of people who say "I trust my bank to look out for me". It doesn't have to be this way, and it's our mission to fix this problem.
We are based in San Francisco; founded by Max Levchin (founding CTO of PayPal), Jeff Kaditz (CDO DeNA/ngmoco), and Nathan Gettings (founding CTO of Palantir). We're building a team of exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission.
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.