Senior Product Manager at Yello
We’ve all had a recruiting experience that stands out, either because it was magical or ‘oh so horrible.’
The technology that recruiting teams use to find, connect with, and advance talent often shapes a candidate’s experience. Yello’s software enables employers to recruit effectively and efficiently. If it excites you to be a part of a team that helps some of the world’s largest brands connect with their talent, then come grow your career with Yello.
Founded in 2008, Yello is a venture-backed talent acquisition software company that empowers Fortune 500 and fast-growing enterprise companies to find the best talent for their organizations. Our solutions help recruiters love their work — and helps people early in their careers find their dream job.
~We believe in bringing our authentic selves to work.
~We are hungry to learn and are forever curious.
~We do what’s right for our customers, leading with our expertise.
~We are proactive.
~And last but not least, we strive to start with empathy in all of our interactions.
About The Role
The Senior Product Manager is the subject matter expert on the market and the challenges our customers face. You are a proactive, influential, strategic leader who drives cross-functional efforts to meet business goals.
How You'll Make An Impact
The senior product manager works closely with the VP, Product, technical product managers, product designers, sales, and customer success to ensure our products and services are aligned with customer and prospect demands in a rapidly evolving market. This role will also be a collaborator supporting successful product launches and other GTM activities.
- Gather, synthesize and deliver customer and market feedback to drive the strategic roadmap, aligned with company strategy. Align product direction with technical product management and product designers, setting the critical capabilities required to move the products forward. Develop epics/product vision and ensure the user stories that technical PMs are executing align to that strategic direction
- Develop and maintain the Yello Enterprise product roadmap in conjunction with the Yello Enterprise Platform product manager
- Provide business/revenue justification for all new features and maintenance of existing products
- Execute ongoing competitive analysis and provide input into sales-facing competitive battlecards
- Hold regular customer meetings to assess customer satisfaction and to identify unmet needs to drive innovation and differentiation
- Manage and prioritize requests coming from various internal and external sources, as well as technical and business partnerships at a product level
- With product marketing, develop clear, consistent, and compelling value propositions and messaging that differentiates your products from their competitors. Collaborate on the market and our go-to-market strategy. Support external communications
- May also act as product owner, working directly with Yello agile teams
What We're Looking For
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong verbal and oral communication, presentation and storytelling skills
- 3-5 years of software product management experience within Agile development environments
- Possess a unique blend of users focus and customer value; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
- Proven track record in defining innovative new products and successfully launching products that accelerate market acceptance and time to revenue
- A team player and collaborator who is flexible and creative in accomplishing assignments
- Experience working in a B2B / enterprise software organization
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time.