OppLoans is a rapidly growing Fintech company that helps credit-challenged consumers build a better financial path through accessible products and five-star customer service. As one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups, we’ve made the Crain’s Business Chicago Fast 50 (#4 in 2019) and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (twice), and we’ve ranked in the top 10% of the Inc. 500 four years in a row!
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.What you get to do:
- Product is the intersection of Business, Technology, and Operations. This diverse, visible role, is the central hub to important partners across departments such as Marketing, Analytics, Credit, and Legal/Compliance.
- Work with departments across the company to develop ideas through the product development life cycle including design, development, testing, productization and launch.
- Have a passion for building impactful technology solutions that can range from add-on features on our native Salesforce platform, or complex custom micro services.
- Suggest and implement new strategies and tools to improve customer experience and increase efficiency through collaboration with several diverse teams.
- Use data to identify needs, tell the story about your successful launch, and continue to A/B test new iterations. Be at home with Bayes' theorem for statistical testing.
- Lead with a "Customer First" perspective by always putting end-user experience first in all scenarios -- B2C, B2B, or "B2E" (internal to our employees).
- Add to our mission of being socially responsible by crafting experiences that improve the financial lives of our customers.
- Mentor junior team members and help build out Product team.
- You will report directly to the Director, Product in this role.
- At least 5 years of work experience, including 2 years direct experience working in a Product role
- End-to-end Product experience in requirements gathering, working with developers, use case testing, and implementing tech solutions.
- High degree of proficiency working with data. Familiarity with SQL, Periscope, Tableau, or other similar tools.
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with the Salesforce platform is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle ambiguous and complicated problems and create scalable solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Chicago candidates preferred.
OppLoans is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New hire “Opptimists” go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our onboarding team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the Mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppLoans plays a part in that.
- Define your Goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your Belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppLoans’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Employee-led communities and programs, like our wellness program Project Opptimism, are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your Journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppLoans offers a 401(k) matching program and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, including a free PPO medical option with BCBS, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness, you receive a free gym membership at One Two Pru. To get you to and from work, you can participate in our pre-tax commuter benefits program with CTA and Metra, park your bike in the One Two Pru bike storage room, and take advantage of discounted Divvy memberships. Dress code is casual. Lunch is subsidized through Fooda and Sweetgreen, and healthy snacks and drinks are available all day at the office.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan as well as rooftop access.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppLoans is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppLoans will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].