Root is taking the outdated, $250-billion insurance industry and challenging everything about it. Using telematics and a passion for customer experience, we’re building one of the country’s fastest-growing tech companies. At under five years old, we've already built a business with over $300M in premiums valued by our investors at over $3.65B, through a mobile app downloaded over 4.5M times. And we're just getting started. We are hiring a Senior Product Manager to lead our organization’s efforts to meet and engage with customers where they are through partnerships and product innovation.
What you’ll be doing
- You will lead Root’s efforts to develop and scale new distribution channels through partnerships and product innovation, starting with growing Root’s agent-acquired business (how over half of US policies are sold today). Your roadmap will focus on delivering CX and technology innovation at the intersection of customer expectations around the insurance agent experience, the needs of independent agents, and Root’s product offerings - and grow one of Root’s fastest-growing acquisition channels.
- The ideal candidate has experience working in a multi-stakeholder environment spanning internal teams and external partners, an analytical mindset to organize and lead a complex product portfolio, and well-honed product instincts to identify the right opportunities for customer experience and technology innovation through partnership collaborations. You have a consistent track record of successfully taking end-to-end business ownership, and building trust through open and clear written and verbal communication and follow-through. This role requires an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to lead effectively across functions.
What we’re looking for
- BA/BS in a STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) field or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years technology industry experience in a product management or related capacity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills demonstrated across executive and cross-functional audiences
- Demonstrated experience leading external partnership collaborations that have yielded tangible results
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to validate assumptions, recommendations, and decisions
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. If you are passionate about what this role entails and solving real problems, we encourage you to apply. We want to learn about you and what you can add to our team.
Who we are
We’re harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize insurance. Using machine learning and mobile telematic platforms, we’ve built one of the most innovative FinTech companies in the world. And we’re just getting started.
What draws people to Root
Our success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our products are only as good as the people building and promoting them. We want individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and an analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy—for assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact—by challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration—we encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People—we are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.