Senior Product Manager at Morningstar
The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group's product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Client Solutions group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
Morningstar seeks a Senior Product Manager to work on building a model portfolio data management platform. The platform is a collection of services that enables model portfolio providers to publish data updates in real time, reduce human errors and prevent compliance risks, and add advisory clients at a fraction of cost and time as required currently. It showcases Morningstar's expertise in investment data management and offers standard APIs for integration with upstream data sources and with advisory platforms for data dissemination. Key success criteria for the platform include, but are not limited to, adoption by top model portfolio providers and advisory firms, user experience such as system performance and degree of intended users' self-service, direct and indirect revenue contribution, and naturally, on-time/on-cost project completion.
- Proactively drive new business initiatives through research, documentation, and implementation.
- Responsible for providing product specifications and user experience description to design and development squad.
- Responsible for guiding products from initial development all the way through launch, including the operational aspects of the product launch.
- Serve as the subject matter expert of our model portfolio data workflows both internally with our development teams and externally with sales and clients.
- Engage with the asset management and advisor industry and our clients to proactively research and recommend enhancements and improvements of our offerings.
- Foster a team dynamic that is motivated to improve the customer experience and drive better investor outcomes.
- Liaise with partnering central functions and products to ensure alignment and achieve maximal synergy.
- Driven to generate exceptional business outcomes.
- Crazy about creating beautiful user experience.
- Self-directed and detail-oriented.
- Creative thinker with an analytical approach to problem solving, ability to think deep, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view: internally, externally, and cross-functionally.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer-service focus for building a product with purpose and supporting clients.
- 7+ years of relevant experience, with some demonstrated experience in product management desired.
- Previous industry experience in investment data/analytics and software.
- Experience working across stakeholder groups such as Design, Technology, Strategic Clients and Sales, Customer Support, and Product.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
036_MstarResearchLLC Morningstar Research Services LLC Legal Entity