Senior Product Manager
About Label Insight
Label Insight is the industry leader in powering product attribute-driven growth across the consumer-packaged goods ecosystem. Our patented technology harnesses data science and machine learning to create best-in-class product attribute data with more than 22,000 high-order attributes per product.
Covering more than 80 percent of top selling food, pet, and personal care items in the U.S., Label Insight enables companies to unlock new growth opportunities and power digital innovation across their business while empowering consumers to make more informed purchasing decisions with better product transparency.
The company, with locations in Chicago and St. Louis, supports industry leading clients including Unilever, ConAgra, Pepsi, Walmart, Target, Albertsons, Petco, Meijer, Dole, and numerous other CPG brands and retailers.
About the Role
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for leading a cross-functional team and all aspects of Product Management. The Senior Product Manager is responsible for managing the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical initiatives. The Senior Product Manager specifies the market requirements in relation to the business’s objectives and key results (OKR). That is both for existing and future products based on market research realized through interactions with our customers and prospective customers. The position of Senior Product Manager demands a great deal of collaboration with all departments in our business; develop strong relationships enabling efficient flow of product workflow and the establishment of trust with our crucial cross-functional team where we use the Spotify model.
- Develop, share and maintain a product vision and strategy based on understanding our business vision, strategy, objectives, and potential revenue impact as well as market influences, constraints and risks.
- Lead a cross-functional team to discover, validate and deliver a product that customers love because it is a valuable solution to their challenges.
- Operate a cross-functional team’s execution through collaboration, prioritization, decision making, and communications.
- Closely collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to successfully deliver complete products to market.
- Evangelizes the product’s strong points, in conjunction with the sales department, to customers during their interactions; promoting the product’s core functionalities, values, and benefits.
- To be an expert in the product and keep up to date with technological advances.
- Create and maintain a product backlog with epics and user stories
- Lead your product team ceremonies - sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily standups, stakeholder discussions.
Behaviors, Skills, and Role-Specific Competencies
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field. MBA or advanced degree preferred. Strong business acumen with the ability to understand and manage the dynamics of a complex organization.
- Must have 5 to 10 years of successful Software as a Service product management experience with a minimum of 4 years within the B2B SaaS data business. eCommerce and Search expertise is preferred.
- Must possess an entrepreneurial mindset with a very strong, detailed oriented project and time management expertise that includes a keen sense of urgency and ability to productively react to change within a fast-growing start-up company
- Must be well-versed in ideation, development and go-to-market strategy execution.
- Experience and a bias towards creative experimentation and iteration to quickly validate the value, eliminate risks and scale programs that produce results
- Ability to conduct market, competitor and customer research to gather insights and assess market opportunities.
- Must have the ability to analyze information collected from win/loss interviews and pipeline behavior (conversion rates and velocity) to improve go to market strategy and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and direct teams in a fast paced high growth environment toward the achievement of a common goal.
- Comfortable working with senior leadership and highly collaborative across functional teams
- Strong analytical skills, a data-driven thinker with excellent writing, communication, presentation development, and delivery skill.
- Ability to travel ~25%.
- Transparency: We share information freely and concisely as a team
- Collaboration: We respect diversity and work toward the solution together
- Iteration and Innovation: We speak up early, are honest about our limits, and leverage failure as an asset
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We encourage open debate and favor the best ideas
- Accountability: We own the successes and failures of our team
- Quality Driven: We hold our work to the highest standards and embrace problems as opportunities
- Flexible paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, a kegerator and more!
- Casual, dog-friendly, open-layout workspace
- Company subsidized Health Insurance, and 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Catered team lunches every other week
- Regular team events and happy hours
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Label Insight is an Equal Opportunity Employer