Senior Product Manager
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As a Sr. Product Manager at Grubhub, you will be responsible for driving product strategy, planning, design and execution for a broad swath of initiatives. Each product owner will be the key point person and subject matter expert for a significant area of our business. In this role you will put together KPI’s to more and “easy” ways for restaurants to generate demand for their business.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop and drive product strategy for an identified area of focus, taking into consideration business objectives, identified and unarticulated needs, competitive landscape and resource constraints. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop this strategy into an achievable roadmap that delivers on business goals.
- Envisioning, articulating and prioritizing a long-term product strategy designed to achieve these goals.
- Clearly communicating strategy and goals to project teams and ensuring delivery against them.
- Gathering and unearthing unmet customer needs through research, data analysis, user experience analysis and testing, competitive research and any other relevant tools.
- Delivering on rigorous, quantifiable business objectives in a matrixed, flat organization.
- Connect data points, research and other insights into a clear articulation of needs and wants (derived from a variety of sources, including survey data, qualitative research, industry analysis and benchmarking, customer interviews, and internal data including logged and clickstream data).
- Drive a clear strategy for prioritization and execution based on these needs and wants, setting clear goals and metrics that can measure the effectiveness of initiatives post-execution, and throughout the lifecycle of a product.
- Be an advocate for your area of focus within the Grubhub organization, serving as the voice of your customers.
- Lead projects through the definitional stages, working to ensure that we’re working to solve the right problem and have clearly articulated problem statements and goals identified. Own accountability for the ultimate execution of the project, working cross-functionally to ensure that the solution that is built delivers against the defined problem and goals.
- Manage the backlog of smaller stakeholder wish-list items, working with stakeholders to quantify the benefits and prioritize these items. Collaborate with other product owners to create a unified list of product enhancements.
You Should Have
- Strong technical or product expertise, including the ability to analyze business problems effectively and work cross-functionally to prioritize and ultimately drive appropriate and even game-changing solutions. An innate understanding of technology and how to use it to deliver outstanding and innovative products is a must.
- Track record of success in fast-paced organizations with matrixed reporting environments, using collaborative approaches to drive effective solutions when no direct reporting relationship exists.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills, working across a broad organization including technology, account management, marketing, finance, operations, business development and sales.
- Prefer B2B experience in a revenue generating tools environment for customers, for example in promotions, coupons and/or loyalty.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights into stakeholder needs that the stakeholders themselves may not be able to articulate.
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health, set goals and metrics, and aid in the prioritization of initiatives and features. Strong analytical and quant skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive action.
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- BA required; MBA a plus.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.