Senior Product Manager at OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
- Product is the intersection of Business, Technology, and Operations. This diverse, visible role, is the central hub to important partners across departments such as Marketing, Analytics, Credit, and Legal/Compliance.
- Work with departments across the company to develop ideas through the product development life cycle including design, development, testing, productization and launch.
- Have a passion for building impactful technology solutions that can range from add-on features on our native Salesforce platform, or complex custom micro services.
- Suggest and implement new strategies and tools to improve customer experience and increase efficiency through collaboration with several diverse teams.
- Use data to identify needs, tell the story about your successful launch, and continue to A/B test new iterations. Be at home with Bayes’ theorem for statistical testing.
- Lead with a “Customer First” perspective by always putting end-user experience first in all scenarios -- B2C, B2B, or “B2E” (internal to our employees).
- Add to our mission of being socially responsible by crafting experiences that improve the financial lives of our customers.
- Mentor junior team members and help build out Product team.
- You will report directly to the Director, Product in this role.
What you will bring to the team:
- At least 5 years of work experience, including 2 years direct experience working in a Product role
- End-to-end Product experience in requirements gathering, working with developers, use case testing, and implementing tech solutions.
- High degree of proficiency working with data. Familiarity with SQL, Periscope, Tableau, or other similar tools.
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with the Salesforce platform is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle ambiguous and complicated problems and create scalable solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Chicago candidates preferred.
Employees Love Working Here
Customers love our product
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.