Senior Product Manager at SPINS LLC
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
In this role, you’ll identify and drive the strategy and roadmap for SPINS Product Portfolio for our Brand partners. As a Sr. Product Manager you’ll work with our Product, Engineering, Sales, Product Intelligence and Marketing teams to drive feature improvements that improve adoption of our products and growth of the business. He/she will be responsible for the strategic direction of advancing the SPINS product portfolio, setting targets around key objectives and financial digital metrics, and proactively diagnosing trends and opportunities.
The individual in this role will play a leadership role on the Product team and needs to be adept at working across distributed cross-functional teams, leading through influence and using data to drive design and decisions. This individual is a strong collaborator who is equally comfortable talking technology with developers, user experience with designers, pricing and positioning with marketers, numbers with finance, and strategy with executive leadership. The Sr. Product Manager role works closely with the SVP of Product & Design to create actionable plans that maximize customer value and drive the continued growth of business profitability.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a product vision that enables P&L growth; collaborate with engineers and architects to create a technology vision for the same
- Define, manage and communicate the product roadmap for existing and new products. Set expectations on product development timing and feature set through ongoing roadmap reviews and release plan communication.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritize voice of the customer into the product backlog to increase adoption and deliver new features and enhancements that generate revenue for SPINS businesses
- Understand and take action on trends shaping the overall business, customer needs and competitive offerings to develop ways to improve positioning of SPINS’ business
- Make recommendations and decisions based on existing usage metrics, Ux / Cx perspective and overall business value and impact. (Champion an MVP and roadmap-based approach to ensure that incremental opportunities for driving business value are accelerated).
- Develop and present business cases for new features and experiences.
- Develop dashboards of KPIs that are tracked and socialized on an ongoing basis to measure overall business performance (operational, financial and customer satisfaction) providing a foundation for continuous improvement
- Partner with leadership and planning teams to manage budget and capacity expectations
- Manage and develop talent through ongoing training, mentoring, measurement, and feedback.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess resource needs and direct and develop staff to achieve business objectives.
- Contribute to developing frameworks and processes for SPINS Product Management & Design teams
- Prioritize work based on project needs, task dependencies, team capacities and schedules
- Conduct impact analysis as requirements emerge, communicate progress and concerns amongst product/project stakeholders to accomplish organization objectives
- Partner with technical experts to build great products leveraging modern tools and technologies
- Serve as the subject matter expert and technical point of contact for a product line and associated services for Sales, Customer Success and Marketing
- Work across teams to define and implement improvement stories to increase velocity and quality of program
Skills & Requirements
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; MBA or graduate degree preferred
- 7+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience creating product roadmaps and defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to teach and influence others
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make decisions, recommendations, and conclusions based upon data
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills whether working with internal or external stakeholders
- Familiarity soliciting critical feedback such as product direction, customer usage, and/or customer behavior and using that to improve offerings
- Bias for action and discipline in establishing and improving process
- Comfort level navigating complex decision making
- Experience working in an Agile environment and Lean methodologies
The SPINS Way
- Direct– We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined– We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate– We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative– We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure, we have a great benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.