Senior Product Owner – Card Acquisitions
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The candidate will provide support to Card Acquisition Credit Management teams for the implementation of Credit Management Strategies and initiatives. The role is critical to ensure initiative delivery of the credit strategies are as efficient as possible. The individual will drive results by coordinating initiative delivery across multiple technology agile teams and ensure target dates for deliver are met. The selected candidate will also need to coordinate both requirement alignment and user story creation by engaging all necessary business stakeholders including Credit Decision Management, Credit Operations, Credit Bureau, Third Party Risk Management, and Legal. Strong communication, technological understanding of our current environment, and the ability to multitask across multiple initiatives will be necessary for success in this position.
Key member of the business who is the conduit to technology through the agile team. Responsible for writing user stories that align to the product features. Ensures the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized. Internally focused on the Agile team and implementation. Senior Product Owner plays a significant role in quality and is the only team member empowered to accept user stories as done. Supports one or more Agile team. This role has significant relationships outside the local team, including working with the Product Manager to prepare features and user stories for continual planning cycles. Mentors other product owners and provides direction on more complex features.
- Work closely with Business Owners and technology partners to prioritize initiatives and functionality with a focus on success criteria.
- Manages and sets expectations with the stakeholders and possesses strong negotiation skills.
- Experience working with internal and external business partners, driving and completing concurrent projects on time and within budget
- Ability to create the vision for larger initiatives across multiple teams.
- Effectively capture requirements that clearly communicate what is being requested.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to provide and receive feedback
- Ability to apply critical thinking and a logic based approach to problem solving
- Works with a dedicated Agile development team to deliver complex customer/business value through product features. Is the conduit to other business partners for this team.
- Provides periodic status updates to business stakeholders and upper management. Is the point of contact for the Agile team with the business and SMEs.
- Empowered to make all critical decisions regarding functionality and priority in the Sprint. Signs off to “accept” each user story during sprint.
- Manages and prioritizes the sprint backlogs continually with team input (prior to and during the backlog grooming sessions).
- Collaborates with other Product Owners and/or Product Manager to uphold business priority and vision.
- Develops complex user stories from prioritized features in collaboration with Product Manager.
- Champions efforts to attain product vision and objectives. Writes acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensures that user stories all meet Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in the Agile Management Tool.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.