SENIOR PRODUCT OWNER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
Come join a world class organization and play a key role in its digital transformation. Caterpillar is looking for a talented and motivated Scrum Product Owner to drive requirements clarity to software engineers and build a world class platform to host a wide range of applications.
The Product Owner works as a member of a Scrum Team to help maximize the value of the product and the work of the Scrum Development Team. The Product Owner works intimately with the Development Team and business process partners. The Product Owner’s primary task is to create and manage the Product Backlog and to ensure everyone knows the priorities of the Product Backlog. The Product Owner is empowered to make all decisions regarding the Product Backlog. The Product Owner is typically the individual closest to the business side of the project.
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the Development Team
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and prioritizing the Product Backlog according to business value for the life of the project
- Communicate Product Backlog priorities to the team
- Act as the key decision-maker regarding what features the product will have
- Responsible for the vision of what is to be built, and conveying that vision to the team
- Assists with the elaboration of epics, themes and features into user stories that are small enough, or granular enough, to be achieved in a single sprint
- Responsible for conveying the vision and goals at the beginning of every sprint
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Responsible for making decisions on release dates and content
- Represent the customer, interfacing and engaging with the customer
- Participate in Daily Scrum as needed
- Participate in Sprint Planning meetings, Reveals and Retrospectives
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every Sprint and accept or reject the work that has been done by the Development Team
- Act as the voice of the team, communicating status externally
- Be a good role model of Scrum values; understand the framework and the roles of each team member
- Be a champion for the agile community and help to further the community within the organization
- Four year Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, information systems, marketing, communications, engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience as a product manager
- 5+ years of experience leading a technical team while simultaneously managing multiple projects
- 3+ years of experience with the Agile methodology
- Product Owner certification (CSPO from Scrum Alliance)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success
- Domain expert in business applications
- Strong accountability planning/organization, and teamwork
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Top candidates will also possess these qualifications:
- Experience managing projects using Agile software tools such as Mingle, VSTS, JIRA, Team Services, Rally
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
- Demonstrated ability to empower teams
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Knowledge of SDLC and demonstrated experience employing SDLC in aspects of the project management process
- Background in Information Technology
- 1+ years of experience in Telematics domain
- Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.