Senior Product Owner - Network Services at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover is looking for a Senior Product Owner – Network Services to help drive business vision and objectives though the enablement of network capabilities and services. The Product Owner is responsible for refining the product vision and the maturation of idea to initiative ensuring the team builds the right product. Through partnership with the Product Manager and Product Architect, he/she is responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by the product team in order to ensure features and functionality of the product meet consumer needs and generate expected value/return on investment.
Anchored by our Discover Values, we are focused on open collaboration, teamwork, and innovation. Aligning our work through agile practices and tenets, and leverage diverse backgrounds across our team members to create the best possible products for the company.
- Solicit feedback and decomposes business requirements into platform requirements and user stories
- Coordinates with product leadership to identify feature-level development opportunities
- Contributes input for the platform product portfolio and roadmap, prioritizing the backlog while defining the acceptance criteria for user stories
- Recommends trade-off decisions on platform product features based on team capacity or feature complexity.
- Responsible for the overall health and lifecycle of the product, including associated risk, audit and vulnerability management
- Makes use of research, user studies, metrics and competitive analysis to understand the platform and business needs for a platform product and inform the backlog
- Owns the user experience and partners with the product manager to align on direction of the product
- Sufficient technical knowledge to understand what is possible to inform key product design decisions
- Understand and drive value of Infrastructure as Code and automation principles through the team
- Ability to lead without authority.
- Empathy for our customer’s journey and needs
- Comfortable with dynamic, fast paced environment with shifting priorities and ownership.
- Interacts and collaborates with stakeholders on key product considerations and aligns with product vision, features and roadmap. Leverages customer insights, feedback, financials, compliance and risk data to define product features and roadmap in partnership with other SMEs.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objects and Key Results (OKRs) for the product team and ensure alignment with senior leadership (e.g., SPO, Dir, etc.). Creates and/or maintains key product documentation (e.g., customer journey map, technical specs, process mapping, etc.). Identifies and defines key non-functional requirements (e.g., security, availability, performance, etc.) to achieve necessary product metrics. Owns definition of Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and features/user stories for delivery product roadmap; in-line with the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) of the greater product vision outlined by SPO and/or Business Director is the final decision maker for product scope
- Builds product backlog, prioritize its items to achieve Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and continuously keep it up to date. Holds meetings with the product team to continuously update product backlog. Ensures product features and processes align with applicable Discover compliance and risk management standards. Ensures product adheres to the highest quality standards, including releasing security patches not linked to customers.
- Defines functional and non-functional product requirements; ensure completeness; integral and consistent; source of requirements for product team. Creates and validate user story acceptance criteria. Defines and ensures appropriate testing frameworks for product features (e.g., market testing, functional performance, etc.) Works with Data stewards in their respective LOBs to ensure required Data quality controls are identified and implemented. Inspect and evaluate product progress through each iteration.
- Partners with business technology to create technical features that are required to continuously optimize system components and underline infrastructure maintenance.
- Builds a culture of accountability and ownership by empowering the product team to make decisions as close to the work as possible. Manage dependencies with other team's functions while identifying, building, and managing strategic partnership across different product teams.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, or related field
- 8+ years in Product, Business, Technical, or related
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years in Product, Business, Technical, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Previous Network Engineering background
- Exposure to Agile/SAFe environments
- DDI solutions experience
- Understanding automation workloads through an Ansible tower
- Development background
- Data Center fabrics and Application Centric Infrastructure experience
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.