Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description This role is within the Marketing department of Discover Home Loans, supporting digital initiatives and optimization. This role has exposure to project management, digital design and development, customer experience and optimizing digital properties. What You’ll Do
- Strategize and deliver web based projects that cater to the broader DHL roadmap and align with Consumer Banking priorities
- Seek opportunities within our applications that could benefit from testing and optimization efforts and meaningfully execute upon them using Adobe Target and other enterprise tools
- Apply a data focused mindset to each project – understanding that web enhancements or optimization efforts seek to address a certain population and provide a best in class customer experience that results in satisfaction and conversion
- Focus on the Agile team and implementation and serve as the team’s technology conduit to other business partners.
- Serve as the IO and PO and holistically own projects, stakeholder relationships, and meaningfully understand the value of end to end ownership
- Write user stories that align to the product features, ensuring that the story pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized. As the only team member authorized to accept stories as done, help ensure quality of story content.
- Support one or more Agile teams — forging significant relationships outside the local team, including working with the product manager to prepare features and user stories for continual planning cycles.
- Mentor other product owners and provide direction on more complex features.
- Thoughtfully present ideas, process flows and designs to leadership for approval
- Cultivate relationships and build thoughtful natural working groups with our Ops, Loan Origination System, Analytics, Customer Experience, Creative Communication and Marketing teams to ensure that projects are not only socialized throughout DHL but are delivered with a ‘best in class’ mindset and readiness
- Work with a dedicated Agile development team to deliver complex customer/business value through product features.
- Provide periodic status updates to business stakeholders and upper management. Serves as point of contact for the Agile team with the business and SMEs.
- Empowered to make all critical decisions regarding functionality and priority in the sprint.
- Manage and prioritize sprint backlogs continually with team input (prior to and during the backlog grooming sessions).
- Collaborate with other product owners and/or product manager to uphold business priority and vision.
- Develop complex user stories from prioritized features in collaboration with product manager.
- Champion efforts to attain product vision and objectives. Writes acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensure that user stories all meet Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in the Agile Management Tool.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, technology, finance, engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience as product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience as experience as product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6+ years of experience as product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.