Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Interninsurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. In 2020, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida while expanding into other states.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
Kin’s Product team is the fulcrum that takes our vision of what home insurance should be and makes it real. Our product managers are responsible for the commercial success of the product. They straddle technology and all other business areas to ensure the right work is getting done. We are currently looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to focus on initiatives related to automation, API development, platform health, and more. This person will work closely with business stakeholders and engineering, and apply their technical expertise in order to prioritize an outcome-driven product roadmap, while also having the opportunity to mentor junior product team members.
A day in the life could include:
- Creating and managing product roadmaps of epics that address the biggest technical business needs
- Gathering user research and inputs across business functions
- Outlining problems and proposed solutions, supported with data
- Writing user stories that provide all of the details needed by our development teams to develop critical features
- Identifying new data sources that improve customer's experiences and our business
- Working closely with our data science team to implement machine learning models and automation in our product
- Planning ahead to ensure team has appropriate amount of work ready and delivery timelines are known to stakeholders
- Coordinating and leading regular team and stakeholder meetings
- Defining metrics that demonstrate product success, while monitoring and responding to outcomes
I’ve got skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 5+ years relevant product experience
- 2+ year experience in a technical product or software engineering role
- Ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into concrete action plans
- Experience owning process management or process improvement projects
- Experience working with data science, platform, and/or service teams
- A passion for customer feedback and research
- Experience and passion for helping other product team members build their technical skills
- An eye for great products and willingness to advocate for new features with qualitative and quantitative reasoning
- Ability to communicate with empathy and precision
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineers about technical features and product architecture
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!
Read Full Job Description