Senior Technical Product Manager at Relativity
- Evaluate solutions to business problems and proactively suggest alternate solutions to ensure they deliver the desired ROI identified by interacting with customers and stakeholders throughout the planning, development and delivery process.
- Translate prioritized initiatives into detailed feature plans to deliver a product that is stable in production and satisfies scalability, reliability, performance and business goals.
- Provide feedback on feature plan work from Technical Product Management team.
- Identify personas and define use cases, epics, user workflows, detailed requirements, and user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria.
- Be a product and platform expert; specifically, having a deep understanding of how the client uses the product and its features.
- Proactively seek out and groom key relationships on cross-functional internal teams and with external customers to understand user needs and experience and translate findings to actionable feature planning artifacts.
- Lead the team in prioritizing the feature/defect backlog.
- Demonstrate expertise in the competitive landscape and drive the definition of how a feature compares/relates to other solutions in the market.
- Take a central role in the team’s collaboration with UX to design mockups, prototypes, and user studies.
- Work with and coach others on how to work with architects to define technically optimal product features.
- Work directly with development teams on feature-related projects by leading release planning and scrum activities to explain the business value and drive consensus in how we solve the business problem; responsible for accepting feature work as complete.
- Review feature acceptance criteria for other team members.
- Prepare and lead compelling and informative demonstrations at bi-weekly product demonstrations with senior leadership and other forums to share what we have built with stakeholders and elicit feedback.
- Drive product related metrics to inform product plans through usage and performance and propose suggestions on how to improve metric use.
- Using product data trends, proactively identify unnecessary complexity and other product improvements that should be addressed; recommend solutions and communicate action-oriented outcomes/next steps.
- Lead communication around product plans and progress with internal and external stakeholders through various means.
- Regularly make product decisions that consider both market needs and technical tradeoffs.
- Review all customer related documentation for defects and features and maintain the list of known defects for their product.
- Lead messaging and training related to the feature and/or defect.
- Monitor customer portal client service levels and add technical input when needed.
- Partner with Product Management, Marketing and Sales to create compelling and informative feature messaging for external demos and collateral updates. Also support maintenance of product demo.
- Experience in iterative Agile development methodologies.
- Must be able to gather requirements from stakeholders and clearly articulate the vision for each product release.
- Must be able to anticipate, identify, and ensure resolution of possible technical and business implications of each release.
- Ability to work with non-technical clients in a consultative capacity to quickly learn new concepts and provide software solutions using effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven experience in both business and technical requirements elicitation.
- Highly effective systemic thinking skills.
- Superior communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains a proactive approach to problem solving with internal and external clients.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, remaining agile through change.
- Is intrinsically motivated by delivering high quality technical solutions to customers.
- Strong facilitation and inquiry skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Technical Communications or comparable work experience.
- 8+ years working in a technology industry or 8+ years of work experience that includes product management, business analysis, systems architecture, and/or systems development and analysis.