Senior Technical Product Manager at Scout Alarm
Founded in 2013, Scout has become one of the leading self-installed, wireless home security systems on the market. Our system is flexible and affordable with month-to-month contracts, portable devices, and best-in-class integrations. We are official partners of Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT. The Scout system integrates with a number of smart home enabled devices ranging from lights, locks, to thermostats. Customers fully install and control the system from their phone, with access to cellular backup and police dispatch services.
Scout is looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to lead Scout’s private label solution. The private label solution launched 24 months ago to make our end-to-end platform available to enterprise partners. Existing partners range from Fortune 500 companies to regional service providers. This high profile position within the organization will continue to develop partnership strategies and own the end-to-end process for integration between organizations. You will work directly with the CEO and collaborate with key members of the engineering, sales and customer experience teams.
The goal of this position is to bridge the technical aspects of the product and platform with the business needs of the private label program and partner organizations.
* Fully own the private label product, the roadmap and the integration with partner organizations
* Communicate with non-technical stakeholders on the capabilities and architecture of the solution
* Work with the engineering team to communicate partner program requirements and expectations
* Make resource allocation decisions in collaboration with key management
* Manage forward progress of product initiatives across teams to ensure effective requirements documentation, review checkpoints, and success measurement/monitoring
Key Qualifications, Skills, Competencies:
* Product Manager experience
* Technical background. Applicants are not required to code, but it is a bonus if you do
* Experience working directly with clients, specifically management teams at client organizations
* Pride yourself on having a wide arrange of PM skills
* Independent and resourceful, with the ability to learn on-the-fly and drive initiatives with minimal direction
* Self-starter that thrives in a small team environment
* An articulate speaker and writer
* Flexible work hours. Start at 8 or start at 10 - we care about results.
* Flexible PTO
* Casual office environment and work attire
* Located in West Loop, with easy transportation access
* Snacks and beverages provided