SENIOR TECHNICAL PRODUCT OWNER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
We at CAT digital are building a state-of-the-art platform to springboard a wide range of customer-focused applications. We are looking for a technical product owner to join our Platform Services team to help maximize the value of the product and the work of our scrum development teams.
At Cat Digital, Sr Technical Product owners are responsible for larger, more complex projects with high value to the organization.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but not limited to :
- Defining the vision of what is to be built, and conveying that to the team(s)
- Creating, maintaining, and prioritizing the product backlog according to business value for the life of the project
- Maximizing the value of the product and the work of the development team
- Creating or assisting with the elaboration of epics, features and decomposing them into user stories that are small and granular enough, to be achieved in a single sprint.
- Assisting the scrum/product development team to meet the objectives of each sprint.
- Deciding on what and when to release.
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every Sprint and accept or reject the work that has been done by the development team
- Adjusting and improving each iteration of the product before release.
- Acting as the main point of contact between teams and stakeholders.
- Being a good role model of Scrum values; understand the framework and the roles of each team member
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, information systems, marketing, communications, engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a technical product owner and/or technical lead
- Extensive experience in Java 1.8 newer, Spring Boot and RESTful API development
- Proven experience in designing and developing software solutions at scale.
- 3+ years of experience with the Agile methodology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
Top candidates will also possess these Qualifications:
- Experience managing product backlogs using Agile software tools such as Mingle, VSTS, JIRA, Team Services, Rally, Azure DevOps
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
- Experience in design and development of cloud-native software solutions at scale in Java or Scala.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining software in public clouds such as AWS.
- Previous experience in leading a technical team while simultaneously managing multiple projects
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .