Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to enjoy coming to work everyday? Making an Impact with every keystroke? How about smacking tennis balls with Serena Williams on a Tuesday at lunch? Okay technically that third one we can't make happen but she is an early investor in ShoppingGives and two out of three isn't bad!
We are an impact driven organization that thrives on a collaborative, open communicative and hyper transparent environment. How many more months/years are you going to spend working for organizations that think diversity is a four letter word. At ShoppingGives we don't believe in a glass ceiling since we are a startup and we haven’t gotten around to building one yet!
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we build. Would you like to join us and help?
Want to know what you're responsible for? Here you go:
- Responsible to lead, manage, and hold accountable a global product team
- Accountable for hiring and growth of team members
- Help build Shopping Gives ontological and product structure from beginning to end with artifacts such as: business process models, product architecture documents and product specification documents.
- Accountable to facilitate cross-functional collaboration.
- Responsible for collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to understand the core platform’s needs, set the product vision, and define objectives.
- Responsible for working with sales and marketing team members to create the content and tools needed to successfully market, sell, implement and service our products.
- Responsible for working with appropriate team leaders to create a singular vision and strategy on how systems work together to maximize value and align with organizational strategy.
- Responsible for the design of the product organization, strengths and weaknesses, and strengthening the team to meet their strategic objectives.
- Accountable for the continuous delivery of product features and enhancements that deliver on expected growth outcomes.
- Responsible for managing and continuously refine a company wide product roadmap to ensure meeting of established deadlines and deliverables.
- Accountable for partnerships with value-added product offerings.
- Responsible to evangelize the product strategy and vision across the organization;
Now that you know what we’re looking for. Let’s speak about what you’re looking for. Do you...?
- Use your mad product skills to create some good in this world?
- Want to be the backbone of a high output team?
- Take pride in delivering high-quality processes? You know, the type that doesn't have to be rewritten in a year or maybe ever?
- Want to finish your workday both exhausted by the pace of progress yet energized by all the new stuff you get to build?
- Work every day in every day with an honest, excited, transparent, and (appropriately) vulnerable team?
If you answered yes to those questions - this might be the role for you.
Let's be real: This job isn't for everyone.
- We're driven by our mission to do good and our teammates.
- We work hard and deliver fast - we have lots of customers to keep on our platform.
- There is not a lot of BS here - we help out, strive to learn and do better than last time, actively look for coaching and teachable moments - and we get our jobs done.
- Mistakes are forgivable, but inactivity is not.
- We're accountable to you because you'll be accountable to us.
- We understand that to grow our business; we must grow our people - so we're looking for learners, teachers, and in this instance, one a heck of an SVP too. Is that you?
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
Lead a high performing product team with the mission of enabling impact through every action
Create impact through every action.
We do this by enabling our retail partners to fund a donation to any charity of their customer's choice. Mostly on Shopify but also on Salesforce Cloud Commerce, Big Commerce, etc.
And here is a look at the type of work you'll do on a day to day basis.
- Define and articulate longer-term strategies and identify level of effort to achieve timeline targets
- Is the product expert/leader and effectively partner with cross-functional teams to bring product capabilities to market
- Own the ongoing optimization of our products to achieve business goals and drive consumer engagement
- Lead team to develop, own, and maintain detailed product documentation and best practices, including but not limited to: OKRs, KPIs, success metrics, Roadmaps, Competitive Analysis, Product Strategy, Spec and Product Requirements, Customer-Facing Guides, Internal Guides & FAQ, Release Notes, User Journeys, Business Blueprints,
- Guides the team in drafting the feature requirements, technical requirements, and application of how to approach building solutions for our customers
- Takes a rigorous, data-driven approach to assess and align on competing priorities and define quantifiable objectives and product goals
- Identifies customer pain points and needs through consumer / competitive research and usage data
- Articulate what the product should do and the problems it solves
- Manage Design teams on requirements and wireframes/design development
- Partner with the Growth team to help shape go to market strategy around each product and new feature.
- Clearly communicate, set priorities and the roadmap at all levels, including specific functionality offered at any given point in time to ensure organization alignment and vision is being executed against.
What you bring to the team:
- Relevant experience with experience in managing or leading digital product management or related experience with Marketing Technologies, Data Analytics, or Financial Technologies.
- Experience in the AdTech, MarTech, Data Marketplaces, or Financial Technology is preferred
- Technical background with the ability to connect and apply technical concepts to product outcomes that create an industry leading user experience
- Comfortable in a team that requires you to get in the trenches to drive work forward and have a high output
- Ability to identified talent, successfully lead, motivate, and develop a team of product managers in fast growing organization
- Proven track record with defining product strategy and requirements for Marketing Cloud technologies or other marketing network products and ability to execute upon those requirements with development teams
- Critical and strategic thinker with a consumer-driven lens to approach product development
- Deep understanding of technical capabilities to conceive how the architecture implementation would affect the outcome of the consumer experience
- Experience in an agile development process (Scrum, Kanban) required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be self-motivated and accountable
- Understanding of how to develop rapid prototypes, A/B testing, and iterative development practices
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and engage with technical teams on highly complex projects
- Comfortable working in an environment that is ever-changing, with grey or uncertain areas; you must be able to create their own direction and balance cross functional teams’ needs
Why work at ShoppingGives?
- You can use your skills and time to make a positive Impact every day.
- The pay for this role starts at $180,000 - 275,000 (DBE)
- This role is Chicago or US based remote only
+++ Everyone is an owner - equity options come with this role.
- 401k, medical, dental,
- Volunteer Time Off (Cause we eat our own dog food)
- We’re outcome-driven, so you’ll get goals and the ability to execute autonomously with support.
- You'll create every day. We're around 45 people - so you'll have influence
- We speak over ten languages, including Gujarati, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Hindi, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Cantonese, Korean, and Nepali. And English - we're pretty good at English.
But seriously, apply right now.
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.