Sr. Business Product Analyst (Consulting) at West Monroe
Sr. Business Product Analyst (Consulting)
311 West Monroe Street, 14th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for a Senior Business/Product Analyst (Sr. Consultant) to join our Software Engineering practice and support the design, development, and timely release of client software solutions. As a technical analyst consultant, you would be responsible for requirements gathering and interpretation, testing, documentation, and Agile/Scrum project management support.
This role will involve collaborating with client stakeholders across a variety of industries to understand and define functional requirements, write user stories, participate in backlog grooming, plan sprints and releases, and validate whether developed features and capabilities satisfy acceptance criteria and metric goals. You’ll be involved throughout the software development lifecycle: from initial scoping, through detailed requirements gathering, and finally to validation of functionality and deliverables, working in collaboration with development teams to deliver solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity that will present the challenge of understanding client business problems and enabling our technical consultants to consistently develop and deliver solutions.
- Work with key stakeholders and client personnel to understand and translate broad business goals and user pain points into detailed requirements
- Develop user stories and map process flows to support the design and development of software solutions for diverse, enterprise companies
- Collaborate with client business/technology departments and West Monroe software engineering consultants to develop solutions that meet business requirements
- Work with key stakeholders to prioritize features based on business value and development effort
- Plan deployment and rollout of functionality to users in collaboration with client stakeholders and West Monroe software engineering consultants
- Identify and address process pain points during the SDLC
- Add to, groom, and assist in continuously refining product backlogs within an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Track development team milestones using project/product lifecycle management software
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 3-6+ years of experience working in a technical business analyst or product management capacity, supporting SDLC teams and feature releases
- Well-versed in authoring business/technical requirements and high-quality user stories with the ability to analyze, understand, and prioritize business problems
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum sprint-based environment with a deep understanding of methodology concepts, techniques, and ceremonies
- Proficient in the use of PM tools like Jira for managing and tracking Scrum projects
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate a strong desire to take on new tasks and learn new things
- Strong written and oral communication, analytical skills, and problem-solving capability
- Willingness to travel as necessary for out of town client engagements
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.