Sr Consultant, Transit Product at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Core Products and Delivery team within Payment Services, Global Products and Partnerships division is responsible for developing, managing and implementing advanced payment products across Discover Financial Services. The transit-specific products being managed and implemented are based on technologies such as EMV, Contactless (i.e. NFC), and QR Code. The payment technologies broadly impact the payment ecosystem from card issuing to merchant acquiring.
The Senior Consultant, Transit Product is an individual contributor role and responsible for transit industry engagement while informing strategic and ongoing activities for product development and delivery of open loop transit payment systems leveraging EMV technology. He/ she partners with business management to prioritize and direct the implementation of strategic business initiatives.
The candidate will work closely with business partners to identify market requirements to be incorporated into the product, and will provide support to the sales teams as they promote our products and services to clients. Responsibilities also include managing activities with transit agencies, understanding their back-office platforms and policies. Managing external consultants and terminal manufacturers to help enable Discover’s payment acceptance with mass transit agencies around the world.
Participates in strategy development for advanced payment products including EMV, Transit, 3DS, and QR code with a variety of regional payment partners (Issuers, Acquirers, Gateways, etc). Works closely with business partners to identify market requirements to be incorporated into the product, and provide support to the internal teams as they promote products and services to clients.
- Responsible for contributing to the transportation product strategy and roadmap based on market intelligence, partner demand and value to Discover Global Network
- Responsible for transit industry engagement to understand implications of the product roadmap and on other teams such as Product, Operations, Technology etc., inform these functional roadmaps and collaborate to prioritize deliverables
- Continuously monitor industry developments and enhance roadmaps/deliverables regionally and/or globally, as needed
- Facilitates project prioritization and manages projects
- Manages issue resolution including any required remediation and responses to regulators.
- Manages, coaches, mentors, and develops staff in driving business strategies.
- Represents DFS at industry forums, such as EMVCo and client events and prepares and delivers SME-level presentations to all levels of internal and external management.
- Participates in setting product strategy roadmap and priorities based on market intelligence
- Defines and aligns product delivery approach and goals for allocated markets/partners across key business partners and manages clear communications around progress against strategy
- Collaborates across team to ensure appropriate tracking of metrics, reporting, project status. Assesses opportunities to improve product delivery processes and develop efficiency programs
- Identifies opportunities to effectively utilize incentive budget
- Represents DFS at industry and client events, and prepare and deliver SME-level presentations to multiple levels of internal and external management
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Information Technology, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in EMV, Banking, Payments, Certification, smart cards, contactless NFC, QR code, 3DS, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 8+ years of experience in EMV, Banking, Payments, Certification, smart cards, contactless NFC, QR code, 3DS, or related
- Knowledge of DPAS
- Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, Information Technology, Finance, or related field
- Successful implementation of an open-loop payments system within a public transit system
- 8+ years of experience in Program/Project Management, people management, or related field
- Project Management Professional
- Knowledge of EMV Technology and Payments ecosystem
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.